Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 upgrade to MCU2 - Can I now record review Camera?

Vegas

May 6, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
I've searched this can't find an answer, awaiting Tesla response.

I'm about to upgrade MCU1 to MCU2, on 2015 MS. Only has review camera, no sentry mode. Does anyone know if this upgrade will allow recorded of review camera?

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
...Only has review camera, no sentry mode. Does anyone know if this upgrade will allow recorded of review camera?

Interesting!

My guess: Since your 2015 is HW1 that only use the single front camera and does not use the rearview camera and it does not have other surrounding cameras, I guess no Sentry Mode and no Rearview Camera recording make sense.

Your HW1 rearview camera is dedicated to human use and none for the Automation system at all.

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI

Akikiki

A'-Lo-HA ! y'all
Nov 26, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
@tranzndance, is absolutely correct. Frankly you can not have too much dash cam/security cam coverage. I've got access to Teslacam, Sentry and also already had two Blackvue DR900-2C and give me 360 degree coverage.

victusw

Apr 20, 2015
Sammamish
I can 100% confirm that MCU1 upgrade to MCU2 itself does not give you Sentry features if you don't already have the feature or the hardware. I upgraded my 2015 S70D recently. Only additional entertainment features like Netflix and my original missing 4GLTE is included. And you will loose FM and Sirius radio features. To me, the upgrade is worth it because the new MCU performs much smoother and faster.

Reactions: 2101Guy

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC