Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a vin for my blue MYLR! For those who have dealt with Owings Mills, how long after vin was actual delivery? How was Owings Mills SC to deal with?
Congrats!
For me, it took about 2 weeks. They'll call you to set up a delivery date about a week out. Once you get there, go check in with one of the members and they'll unlock your vehicle. Make sure you inspect EVERYTHING and take pictures, you can take as long as you want (also make sure the battery is charged at least 80%-90%). You can find a checklist online also. You'll have set up any appointments yourself through the app, for some reason they won't do it right there. Once you're done with the inspection, head back in and sign the documents and you're good to go.
Just a heads up, the female that's at the front desk is a real jerk and sassy. I would avoid her, except when you first check in 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BlueModY
Anyone else get a big EDD push? Seen a few DMV people on Reddit get one.

Mine got pushed from Nov to Jan/Feb on and MYP that said Nov delivery when I ordered.
Mine has been fluctuating quite a bit and most recently went from 11/12-12/10 to 12/16-12/31. While I am happy it is a smaller window now, I am not so happy that it has been pushed a full month further. Holding out hope that it still happens within November but preparing for the worst.

Reactions: Tabor
Does anyone know if Tesla gives the tax credit on trade ins in Maryland? I know dealers do, but I don’t know is Tesla is considered a “dealer”.

It’s going to be the determining factor on if I trade in to Tesla or sell to carmax.

Got VINd this morning!

Does anyone know if Tesla gives the tax credit on trade ins in Maryland? I know dealers do, but I don’t know is Tesla is considered a “dealer”.

It’s going to be the determining factor on if I trade in to Tesla or sell to carmax.

Got VINd this morning!
Your trade-in will reduce your sales tax liability. MD Sales tax is 6% so whatever your trade-in value is * .06 is what your sales tax will be reduced by. Congrats on the VIN!

Your trade-in will reduce your sales tax liability. MD Sales tax is 6% so whatever your trade-in value is * .06 is what your sales tax will be reduced by. Congrats on the VIN!
Thank you! I changed my mind 3x since my VIN and I’m not trading in.

Carvana’s offer was less than Tesla with the tax reduction. Carmax (online quote) is a good amount more. I’ll also try the dealer.

but seems like selling to Carmax will net me more than trade in + sales tax benefits.

Reactions: Ladybugn
I will be doing tint, but not PPF. I have heard good things about both of these shops and will be going to AAPP for mine.

AAPP - All American Paint Protection | Rockville, MD | XPEL Paint Protection

Kunza - Window Tinting Company in Rockville, MD | (301) 250-6622 Kunza Wrap & Tint
Thanks. I just called AAP and it’s well over 2k to tint the full car. Roof, windshield, sides/back.

I’ve been there for other cars, and love the work, but that’s triple other shops that have solid reputations. So just doing my due diligence.

I can try Kunza too.

Edit/ they told me $499 for the full car and they have a great portfolio. What am I missing here.

Last edited:
Reactions: MY9233
Thanks. I just called AAP and it’s well over 2k to tint the full car. Roof, windshield, sides/back.

I’ve been there for other cars, and love the work, but that’s triple other shops that have solid reputations. So just doing my due diligence.

I can try Kunza too.

Edit/ they told me $499 for the full car and they have a great portfolio. What am I missing here.
I would check with Kunza to see what kind of film they are quoting for that price. That is probably their base film and if you go with anything above that, then the price will jump. I am going with a ceramic tint and my quote from AAP was quite lower than that but I am only doing all windows and back glass, nothing more.

I would check with Kunza to see what kind of film they are quoting for that price. That is probably their base film and if you go with anything above that, then the price will jump. I am going with a ceramic tint and my quote from AAP was quite lower than that but I am only doing all windows and back glass, nothing more.
Good tip!

the roof is what makes AAP so high, that’s $999 alone.