Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Me thinks the Feds are about to start putting Elon in check a bit..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That she is closely linked to short sellers who have tried and continue try their best to bring down Tesla.

Now anything that NHTSA does against Tesla will be viewed as a biased attack.

You just can't be closely linked to any of the companies you are supposed to be regulating - linked positively or negatively.

As I said in a different post - it would be as if a well known anti-vaxxer is made a senior consultant at CDC/FDA.
Can you define closely linked?
Certainly she appears to seek out evidence of automation complacency because that is her area of interest. I don't think it's the same thing at all since automation complacency is real.
Every negative thing said about Tesla is viewed as a biased attack. Being part of a victimized group is a key part of Tesla's appeal to many people. Note Elon's constant reference to nebulous "regulators" when talking about FSD and how many people here talk about "regulators" being the main barrier to driverless FSD. I do appreciate that Elon has toned down the "regulator" rhetoric over the last year.

Oh, I don't know :rolleyes:

FCQopfAUcBUfyNH.jpeg

Missy Cummings resigns from board of directors for LIDAR company.
This "LIDAR company" talking point is pretty funny. They don't actually make LIDAR devices nor have they shipped any systems that use LIDAR devices yet.
Also, if you actually listen to her opinions it's pretty clear that LIDAR has nothing to do with her concerns about automation and Tesla's FSD program. The actual conflict is between what Veoneer calls "collaborative driving" and Tesla's supervised FSD approach.

FCVBREAUYAAkb-b.jpg

Wow, there are some amazing attacks on here, and a lot of unfounded worries. As a long time Tesla driver, and a researcher on the effects of automation on human performance, I can tell you that Dr Cummings is extremely well qualified for this position, and will bring a solid science based approach to how this country handles automated vehicles on our highways. She does not”hate Tesla”. And she is not promoting LIDAR. Quite the opposite. Pushing for AV manufacturers to do appropriate testing before putting their vehicles in the road, and putting driver interfaces in place to keep drivers in the loop and able to oversee the automation is very much needed and supported by over 30 years of research on automated systems as well as recent NTSB investigations of AV accidents. Doing this right will actually boost TESLA ( and other AV manufacturers) in the long run. People need to be able trust that they are safe (which many people do not currently).

She uses block-lists used by TSLAQ. She retweets their tweets and replies to them.

Well, all before she tried to hide the evidence.

Never works - I'm sure enough people have taken backup of her tweets.
Considering the misogynistic comments and death threats she was receiving, I hardly blame her for taking down her Twitter account. The vitriol is way out of hand. Engaging in and replying to comments on Twitter is hardly evidence of bias or misbehavior. This is crazy.

Considering the misogynistic comments and death threats she was receiving, I hardly blame her for taking down her Twitter account. The vitriol is way out of hand. Engaging in and replying to comments on Twitter is hardly evidence of bias or misbehavior. This is crazy.
If she wants to be active in government she needs to get used to it. Unfortunately Jack doesn't care. He doesn't even care about obvious NeoNazi propaganda and harassment - let alone misogynistic attacks.

"Engaging in and replying to comments on Twitter" <> using TSLAQ block-list.

If she wants to be active in government she needs to get used to it. Unfortunately Jack doesn't care. He doesn't even care about obvious NeoNazi propaganda and harassment - let alone misogynistic attacks.

"Engaging in and replying to comments on Twitter" <> using TSLAQ block-list.
As a former military fighter pilot she is tough. I don't worry about her ability to send her ground. I was just intending to make the point that deleting her Twitter account is not a "cover up', but rather a response to the inappropriate reactions that have been coming from this community. The paranoia and fears seem very misguided (and have been generated by those with a vested interest in trying to avoid any regulations in this area).

As a former military fighter pilot she is tough. I don't worry about her ability to send her ground. I was just intending to make the point that deleting her Twitter account is not a "cover up', but rather a response to the inappropriate reactions that have been coming from this community. The paranoia and fears seem very misguided (and have been generated by those with a vested interest in trying to avoid any regulations in this area).

The core problem here is that people who might ordinarily be decent and nice folk in person turn into unempathetic assholes online. keyboard warriors. This behavior is amplified on social media and prevents rational dialog. We default to assuming the worst extreme of others. We no longer value civility.

Reactions: omarsultan
Wow, there are some amazing attacks on here, and a lot of unfounded worries. As a long time Tesla driver, and a researcher on the effects of automation on human performance, I can tell you that Dr Cummings is extremely well qualified for this position, and will bring a solid science based approach to how this country handles automated vehicles on our highways. She does not”hate Tesla”. And she is not promoting LIDAR. Quite the opposite. Pushing for AV manufacturers to do appropriate testing before putting their vehicles in the road, and putting driver interfaces in place to keep drivers in the loop and able to oversee the automation is very much needed and supported by over 30 years of research on automated systems as well as recent NTSB investigations of AV accidents. Doing this right will actually boost TESLA ( and other AV manufacturers) in the long run. People need to be able trust that they are safe (which many people do not currently).

Sure but she was granted Veoneer shares worth $900,000 as a "Director".

If someone with $900,000 of Tesla stock was put on the NHTSA people would be crying foul just as well (just different people).

FCHrqe8VgAYzEup

I get this feeling that Tesla enthusiasts would follow up if Musk on twitter attacked for example a religious group as "biased toward Tesla". It is scary with these "great leaders".

Attacking the national institutions, that are there to protect the people and keeps politicians from going bananas. Attacking the free press.
Them vs us rhetoric.
Followers in local societies wearing black t-shirts with a red T.
With $1000+ for TSLA I guess judgment is easily clouded. :)