Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Me thinks the Feds are about to start putting Elon in check a bit..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As much as I love Tesla and my three Teslas, I feel Elon's promises on FSD border on if not blow past false advertising.

If Tesla wasn't taking tens of thousands of dollars from individual customers then his optimism is pretty forgivable. But again, they pocketed money from this.

That kinda reasonable speakin ain't much tolerated round here. You either for 'em or agains 'em.

Seriously though, this particular sub-forum is the worst abyss on the site, with the exception of the for-sale area, lol.

And while she seems hypercritical of ADAS systems (and this criticism has NOT been exclusive to Tesla- but since Tesla has the most advanced system it's the most common and obvious target) she's also said stuff like this:

Which seems to suggest she understands how dumb NHTSA was for asking why there wasn't a formal recall when they pushed an OTA to better react to emergency vehicles.

Tesla fanboys will at least like this one:

Saying she is unqualified is ridiculous BTW. Saying things that makes you upset != unqualified.
I agree, She seems knowledgeable on the subject as she is actively engaged in research in this field ( please take time to listen to her 53 min discussion posted on Twitter from Carnegie Council ) . One may agree or disagree with her point of view , but to say she is unqualified is absolutely wrong.

Last edited:
I agree, She seems knowledgeable on the subject as she is actively engaged in research in this field ( please take time to listen to her 53 min discussion posted on Twitter from Carnegie Council ) . One may agree or disagree with her point of view , but to say she is unqualified is absolutely wrong.
I will listen to this. But please, please see my full text. I never said she was unqualified.

How is she qualified? I reckonings she is on Twitter but her tweets seem unprofessional.

Really? The Trump administration tried to slow down adoption of high-efficiency EVs in the United States, other countries — the E.U. and especially China .Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) showed that Trump’s plan to roll back Obama-era fuel efficiency and emissions standards for vehicles would eliminate any federal requirement for carmakers to build electric vehicles (EVs).

Trump rolls back car mpg rules; critics call it irresponsible.Typical of that administration.​

Yep; Ignorant people are quick to blame technology.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 10.46.17 PM.png

Yep; Ignorant people are quick to blame technology.

View attachment 723504
No one has mentioned Trump, attempted to compare/contrast him with the current admin, or defended him in any way. I hope you and @RSpanner feel better now. 🙄

Feel free to join the conversation us "adults" are having about Biden and his newly appointed anti-Tesla head of the NHTSA.

Reactions: Cheburashka
My biggest concern is her Twitter block list and retweet pattern. She has preemptively blocked individuals with which she has had no interaction simply because they are Tesla autonomy supporters or testers, in a list closely aligned with that of TSLAQ. Indeed, she has retweeted not only vocal TSLAQers but debunked news articles like the one claiming a Tesla on AP with no one in the front seats crashed into a tree and burned. Security cams and subsequent followup showed the driver and passenger get into the front seats drunk and immediately crashing themselves into the tree. No retraction from Cummings.

No one has mentioned Trump, attempted to compare/contrast him with the current admin, or defended him in any way. I hope you and @RSpanner feel better now. 🙄

Feel free to join the conversation us "adults" are having about Biden and his newly appointed anti-Tesla head of the NHTSA.
I don't get the feeling that NHTSA's head: Steven Cliff is all that anti-Tesla. Or do you mean Missy Cummings, NHTSA's advisor?

Reactions: BobbyRitz
So there is this

And for those who dont know Ms. Cummings, just a sample of one of her many FSD related tweets...

All the more reason to release FSD to ALL who paid for it and let it grab a foothold in the marketplace.

All the more reason to release FSD to ALL who paid for it and let it grab a foothold in the marketplace.

That they're appointing a safety advisor who thinks the system is dangerous and will cause accidents is a reason to release an unfinished version to a massive # of people where it'll be virtually guaranteed to cause accidents?

Bold strategy.

Mr. Ritz complained about the Biden Administation , what was he comparing it with, the Hover administration? No context was given, and yes it was my assumption it was the former administration because it was pretty much against anything EV or progressive in moving towards a cleaner environment.
Was there a mention of Trump in his statement? Please defend the current administrations actions toward Tesla?

Mr. Ritz complained about the Biden Administation , what was he comparing it with, the Hover administration? No context was given, and yes it was my assumption it was the former administration because it was pretty much against anything EV or progressive in moving towards a cleaner environment.
Why was there a need to compare the current administration to anything? Maybe I continue to be disappointed with the Biden administration's complete and utter disregard of Tesla - the unquestioned EV pioneer? And now complete and utter disregard may turn into an offensive posture against Tesla through Missy Cummings. All because Tesla won't "get in line" with union workers? It's ridiculous. Hell, the proposed EV credit (that appears dead now), had a Tesla-specific parameter which resulted in $2,500 less of a federal tax credit because they don't use union workers. That's a great way to treat the most established EV company after setting a national goal of 50% of new car sales by 2030 be EVs. It's a joke.

Does Tesla have a few warts? Certainly. But not everyone appreciates what is going on in the White House for a variety of reasons, including treatment of Tesla as well as general EV direction. And speaking for myself, my disdain TODAY has nothing to do with the prior administration.

Last edited:
Reactions: OK_3AWD