Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you believe people are being completely honest about their experiences: why not learn lessons from their experience?

Else, if you don't believe people are being completely honest about their experiences, how do you explain these reports?
I believe they exist. I also believe they get echoed by people it didn’t happen to. Case in point.

I believe they exist. I also believe they get echoed by people it didn’t happen to. Case in point.
Fair enough. I will still assert that we've seen enough direct owner reports from Palladium and pre-Palladium deliveries, to shy away from paying Tesla for a ~$100k car without inspecting it first.

That said:
- Yes, selection bias on forums like this.
- Yes, there is likely a very large fraction of deliveries with few problems or with less picky people who fail to notice problems that we would notice.
- Yes, there are also lots of threads where people report a litany of problems and end with "Still totally worth it."

I look forward to taking delivery of my car... after inspection. :)

For the new folks, let's summarize:
  • Before taking delivery, sales associates say, "Yeah, that's a problem. Just submit a repair order and we'll take care of it."
  • After taking delivery, repair techs say, "No, that's not a problem. It's within spec, won't fix."
6 Tesla deliveries (two of my own, rest family) and 4 years later, this has never happened to me. I am amazed at how willing they are to fix most any complaint. I don’t believe it to be service center specific either as these cars are in or have been serviced SoCal, Minneapolis, New York, and New Jersey.

Never had that experience. Service has never uttered the words in spec to me. They work on every issue I report.
Agreed.

The “within spec” response from Tesla is basically a meme at this point.

Yet you’re suggesting it’s “fake news” because it never happened to you. That earns you a downvote.
What part of "I believe it exists" says it's fake news? What part of people echo what they read is not true?

Have you been told by Tesla service at any time that your complaint is "in spec"?

I didn't realize meme's are anchored in truth.....

What part of "I believe it exists" says it's fake news? What part of people echo what they read is not true?

Have you been told by Tesla service at any time that your complaint is "in spec"?

I didn't realize meme's are anchored in truth.....
It’s not people echoing what they hear. It’s Tesla service’s default response to a majority of issues.

According to whom? Has it happened to you? It’s been the opposite for me and others
Let’s all calm down girls. To deny it has happened is a folly. It happened to me when the delivery advisory was sweating bullets as I pointed out defects on the Plaid I rejected. He couldn’t with a straight face however tell me within spec regarding the LR trunk on my plaid with bonus dent on the back.

Attachments

• 48EE2904-E9F7-4EFC-9865-1A74659CCC2C.jpeg
    48EE2904-E9F7-4EFC-9865-1A74659CCC2C.jpeg
    443.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 3DF0C6C2-0B5B-4176-AED5-4429B179A849.jpeg
    3DF0C6C2-0B5B-4176-AED5-4429B179A849.jpeg
    499.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Love
Reactions: aerodyne and jebinc
Let’s all calm down girls. To deny it has happened is a folly. It happened to me when the delivery advisory was sweating bullets as I pointed out defects on the Plaid I rejected. He couldn’t with a straight face however tell me within spec regarding the LR trunk on my plaid with bonus dent on the back.
No one denied that it’s happened. I do however question whether it’s the default response as glide has asserted… in a very calm manner.