Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Mega-consolidated delivery quality issues thread and checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this gem today. It’s in the inside of the windshield, can only see from the outside from above.
F63F2715-CFFD-4420-A7C8-83233B9D177F.jpeg

So when my iPhone arrives I get to peel the screen protector off myself. Is it still being on the screen when delivered really a detailing error?
An iPhone arrives powered down in a sealed box that you opened first. Car was awake and they expected me to drive immediately. The front protector had been removed but the rear was still on. Since they removed the white front end protection and most of the rest why did they leave a few bits and pieces?

Reactions: impastu
An iPhone arrives powered down in a sealed box that you opened first. Car was awake and they expected me to drive immediately. The front protector had been removed but the rear was still on. Since they removed the white front end protection and most of the rest why did they leave a few bits and pieces?
To allow you to enjoy that new car feel?!

• Funny
Reactions: Tigers and impastu
A lot of those issues with trim alignment and stuff I can get past and don't really care about, but here's my issues that do bother me.

1) Weird scratches/lines in multiple areas of the glass roof
2) Overspray / No clear coat in one spot on the passenger side view mirror
3) Dented driver side A pillar speaker grille
4) Driver door handle stuck and won't hide

IMG_3837.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg

IMG_3839.jpeg

IMG_3811.jpeg

IMG_4090.jpeg

IMG_3808.jpeg

IMG_3807.jpeg

IMG_3615.jpeg

I did also have to clean off a bunch of glue residue, wasn't really upset about that though.

A lot of those issues with trim alignment and stuff I can get past and don't really care about, but here's my issues that do bother me.

1) Weird scratches/lines in multiple areas of the glass roof
2) Overspray / No clear coat in one spot on the passenger side view mirror
3) Dented driver side A pillar speaker grille
4) Driver door handle stuck and won't hide

View attachment 711522

View attachment 711523

View attachment 711524

View attachment 711526

View attachment 711527

View attachment 711530

View attachment 711531

View attachment 711532

I did also have to clean off a bunch of glue residue, wasn't really upset about that though.
I have deep roof glass scratches as well. Not going to have them replace it, however. Not worth the risk.

I have deep roof glass scratches as well. Not going to have them replace it, however. Not worth the risk.
I’ve seen plenty of roof and windshield replacements on Teslas. Haven’t seen a botched one yet. If it arrived scratches, they owe you a new one. Curious if the scratches are inside or outside. My scratches on the windshield are on the inside.

Took delivery and there are a bunch of wrinkles in the back seat. I don't care that's how the rear seat on my Model 3 looked after a couple years of very, very light use anyway. Has anyone had that? Wondering if it's worth asking them about. Everything else is great minus a few of the gaskets/rubber around the car being poorly positioned.

Took delivery and there are a bunch of wrinkles in the back seat. I don't care that's how the rear seat on my Model 3 looked after a couple years of very, very light use anyway. Has anyone had that? Wondering if it's worth asking them about. Everything else is great minus a few of the gaskets/rubber around the car being poorly positioned.
I had the same at delivery across the rear bench and some puckering and indents in front seats. I opened a service ticket for it, I'll be looking for them to replace it. I don't find it acceptable.

Attachments

• 20210914_141534.jpg
    20210914_141534.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20210915_122744.jpg
    20210915_122744.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 117
I had the same at delivery across the rear bench and some puckering and indents in front seats. I opened a service ticket for it, I'll be looking for them to replace it. I don't find it acceptable.
Yeah that looks very similar, I wonder how they messed that up. Let me know what you end up hearing! I submitted a service request with a few notes to document issues, but it's not for a month and last time they didn't read my notes until 4 days before. So I probably won't have any more to add until then.