Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Melbourne HPWC installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These prices are crazy....5m run with fairly easy access under the house for a grand? Come on! These electricians are charging like they are rocket engineers....in fact I am fairly certain the rocket engineers get paid a LOT less than that...

I like Jet Charge don’t get me wrong but from what I’ve read they charge double what everyone else does...I think being listed on Tesla’s preferred installers they probably get a lot of work and a lot of people don’t question the pricing so they in turn do a “charge through the nose and a few fish will bite”

Exactly this. I got mine installed from a local sparky, similar length of cable run. I also got a 15A socket put in for backup and a complete distribution board rebuild to replace all the old breakers will modern RCBOs.

It only came to a little more than what Jet Charge quoted above.

Someone recommended Everlite Electrical on this site last year. Gave them call, very interested in the installation.
They mainly do solar and battery installations. Perfect match. I have solar and batteries.
Anyway they installed HPWC early Jan.
New dedicated 32 amp circuit, ran conduit, removed tiles, very tidy job. 10mtr cable run.
$407 with Compliance Cert.

Everlite is a Melbourne company, SE suburbs.
Jet ripped you off.

I think being listed on Tesla’s preferred installers they probably get a lot of work and a lot of people don’t question the pricing so they in turn do a “charge through the nose and a few fish will bite”

I haven't had mine fitted yet as I'm waiting for a Zappi to arrive in Australia, but I've had 4 quotes, including Jetcharge and also one from my regular electrician who has not had anything to do with a BEV before. ALL quoted within 20% of each other and around $2k. The cheapest was going to do a surface run to the garage along the long wall of the house. That was Jetcharge.
Jetcharge were not the dearest, and I have to say, their guy in Melbourne was terrific in answering my technical questions and giving me advice. I'd be happy to use them, all things being equal, and knowing that they are subcontracting in Sydney.
Not that I'm happy about the price :(

Just wondering if any installation documentation/compliance certs had to be submitted to tesla post install of their wall connector? Tesla website website mentions it and their preferred installers mention about sending installdetails to tesla to register for warranty? How about non preferred tesla installers? Or do we just keep the documentation ourselves in case of warranty claim? Also, how long is the warranty on the wall connector?

Just wondering if any installation documentation/compliance certs had to be submitted to tesla post install of their wall connector? Tesla website website mentions it and their preferred installers mention about sending installdetails to tesla to register for warranty? How about non preferred tesla installers? Or do we just keep the documentation ourselves in case of warranty claim? Also, how long is the warranty on the wall connector?
Just have your electrician connect it. Its 3 wires to screw in or 5 if 3 phase. There is no ability for a manufacturer to avoid its warranty obligations by demanding you submit installation paperwork. They can however deny warranty if a faulty or incorrect installation occurs, so follow the manual and enjoy your howc. Dont forget the reset step right at the end. Its important.

Reactions: Electric Mouse