Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Melbourne Model S P100D Hire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I am an avid fan of the Model S and have unsuccessfully searched to hire 1 in Melbourne.

As such as I have decided to shoot for the moon and start a crowd funding campaign to rectify the situation.

https://pozible.com/project/tesla-p100dl-melb-rental-uber

If you know of someone who may have an interest in this project or have a comment I would love to hear from you.

James

Dude, you're nuts, no one is going to give you money to buy you a car. And the car costs nearly $300k in Melbourne. Just go to Richmond Tesla and ask for a test drive, they will give you one.

Thanks for your comment, whilst most people will share your view, I would like to make a couple of points:

No one is giving the money away for nothing, they are receiving something in return. I am personally going to spend approximately $I00,000 to see this project through ( I hope to recoup this by selling the car after the rewards are all completed).

I have previously hired cars for these sorts of prices, one such time was for my wedding. Hiring a performance car in Melbourne with acceleration and technology like the P100D is not price competitive with the project above.

I am not sure where you obtained the $300k figure, I simply used the tesla online calculator. There may well be extra charges with which I am not aware but I will cover those should they arrive - I am not trying to make money.

I have been for a ride in a Model S in the USA in 2013 - I would dearly like to have an extended drive for a weekend for my next special occasion but Tesla in Richmond doesn't (yet?) do that sort of thing.

Hey, in the minute chance that the project succeeds, you can have the car for a day for free if that's your thing.

James

There are Tesla owners in most capital cities who are also Uber drivers in their Teslas. Did you even try Uber?

I know there is an Uber Model S (not a P100D though) in Melbourne, but to my knowledge, Uber is not set up for me to drive their car - there are large insurance costs to be considered. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your comment, whilst most people will share your view, I would like to make a couple of points:

No one is giving the money away for nothing, they are receiving something in return. I am personally going to spend approximately $I00,000 to see this project through ( I hope to recoup this by selling the car after the rewards are all completed).

I have previously hired cars for these sorts of prices, one such time was for my wedding. Hiring a performance car in Melbourne with acceleration and technology like the P100D is not price competitive with the project above.

I am not sure where you obtained the $300k figure, I simply used the tesla online calculator. There may well be extra charges with which I am not aware but I will cover those should they arrive - I am not trying to make money.

I have been for a ride in a Model S in the USA in 2013 - I would dearly like to have an extended drive for a weekend for my next special occasion but Tesla in Richmond doesn't (yet?) do that sort of thing.

Hey, in the minute chance that the project succeeds, you can have the car for a day for free if that's your thing.

James

Ok, this is never going to happen. You are begging people to buy you a car which is pretty pathetic. With your 100k, you are not too far off a base S60, which is about $125k drive away in Victoria, with no options. Save more money and buy one of those.

The $300k figure comes from the Tesla website. A P100D is in the high $200k range with no options, and if you are spending over quarter of a million dollars on a car, you can't exactly spec a POV pack. You will never be able to sell it on. A decent spec P100D will be pushing $300k in Mebourne, on the road.

Tesla Richmond do give extended test drives, they gave my old man one for a couple of days a few months ago when he was deciding whether to buy one or not. If you are serious about buying (which I don't think you are) they will lend you one.

A P100D, in Australia, is not a car for a 16 year old dreamer, at 300k its in the realm of CEOs and successful business owners.

Sorry to be blunt but that is the truth of he matter.