Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mercedes S Class getting more like Model S interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is amusing. MB is trying to channel Tesla, but still failing. That dashboard is still to busy and complicated. And I strongly disagree with the article headline. An S560 is clearly not "the best". It has this enormous ridiculously complex engine and transmission, and it burns fossil fuel. How is that "the best"? It's not. A long range BEV powered by sustainable energy is obviously "the best".
Just saw a review of the new Mercedes S class, and noted that it has gotten rid of a ton of buttons and switches, moved them to the steering wheel and controlled some with scroll wheels.
2018 Mercedes-Benz S560 Sedan: The best gets better

Looked more Tesla like, with larger screens, less gauges and buttons.

Think the Tesla still looks simpler, much more modern and beautiful.

Active Distance Assist Distronic system? Who's idea was this name?
The dashboard does look like MB used Tesla's design. Or at least learned from it.
"Now, I've driven plenty of ACC systems before this one, but the S-Class' system packs a few tricks that left me impressed." I do like the way MB uses navigation to slow or accelerate for turns (with NAV set to a destination) and curves in the road. I am impressed. I have no doubt AP could do this if Tesla released it.
Did he try a Tesla AP? Slowing for curves and the like is part of AP as well.