Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mic not working on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just picked up our new model X last week, #49xx and it is awesome. Our mic doesn't work however regarding placing calls or directions, etc... I tried rebooting both screens to no avail. Thinking I'm gonna have to bring it in unless anyone else has other ideas for a fix? Anyone else have this problem in an S or X?

You don't have any voice control functions or just some functions aren't working? Are you getting any cluster prompts when attempting to use voice commands? I had some trouble with my voice commands until I remembered that you have to keep holding the steering wheel button to record your command.

We just picked up our new model X last week, #49xx and it is awesome. Our mic doesn't work however regarding placing calls or directions, etc... I tried rebooting both screens to no avail. Thinking I'm gonna have to bring it in unless anyone else has other ideas for a fix? Anyone else have this problem in an S or X?

Just in case you were doing it wrong. You have to keep holding the button to RECORD the voice command then let go when you are done. Unlike most other cars, you can't just click, let it go then speak ...

We are not having any success with our Model X voice commands. We got Tesla to print out a copy of the owners manual to help us go through the features in the car. We find that some of the instructions are not very helpful for us. We are not big technology experts in our house. In my Toyota Sienna, the voice command, when given, initiates the dialer and it really IS hands free! This is the law in Illinois. I can't imagine that the high techness of Tesla would be requiring taking hands off of the steering wheel to touch a name on the screen. So, I do believe I'll be calling our local Tesla service area to pick their brains. The sound quality seems to get garbled after about 5 minutes on a call...even when we were just sitting in our driveway.