Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range trip report - 268 Wh/mi.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you guys trying to do this to save on electricity used to charge the car? Or just to see how efficiently you can drive it?.

Pure, unadulterated, obsession :p

Most people coming from a shorter range EV (Kia Soul EV here) are so used to hypermiling that it would take years of in patient therapy to overcome.

Going from 92 to 310 miles range is such a liberating experience that words can't even describe it.

RT

• Funny
Reactions: pipestem
Pure, unadulterated, obsession :p

Most people coming from a shorter range EV (Kia Soul EV here) are so used to hypermiling that it would take years of in patient therapy to overcome.

Going from 92 to 310 miles range is such a liberating experience that words can't even describe it.

RT

Funny...When I switched from the Leaf to the Model S 3+ years ago, I think I did the whole hypermiling for 1-2 days before I realized, I have way too much range to even worry about that. So I said, "I'm going to make sure I enjoy this car"

Are you guys trying to do this to save on electricity used to charge the car? Or just to see how efficiently you can drive it? When I was in my Leaf, I used to do everything to drive it as efficiently as possible, but that was because the range was so low, I had to do it.

What I've found is that I can still gun it here and there while hitting some pretty insane overall efficiency numbers, so I don't feel like I'm sacrificing enjoyment. I'm past the point where I drive like I have something to prove. People see the T logo; they probably assume my car is fast - I don't need to demonstrate. So I drive courteously and defensively the vast majority of the time, and that yields me excellent efficiency. And every once in a while when I see a windy road and no traffic, I'll push the car a bit and have some fun.

Bottom line: i love that the car can be what I want it to be: a hotrod or an econobox, or some hybrid of both.

Reactions: pipestem