Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure 3+ weeks of waiting with any updates is "overly anxious", but I get your point. :)

This is not a legacy car company, so I am pretty shocked at how little communication is provided by Tesla. I understand them not having a Domino's pizza tracker for my car, but you would think they would provide some milestone information.
Since I put down my deposit 30 minutes before I even knew what the 3 looked like at its 3/31/16 reveal, I've been waiting almost 1,000 days ;).

Reactions: alloverx
Just curious, how many people put in an order before the price change (say 10/18 - 10/20), but then had Tesla send you an updated order agreement saying you made the configuration on 10/30?

YES. I ordered within hours of announcement on the 18th - black/white int/aero/no EAP/all cash. Live in Cleveland and day 1 reservation holder at time of reveal.

I also got one of the emails 'updating' my order to a 10/30 date for changes I didn't make. It makes me nervous, but I try to forget about it and still tell myself I'm a 10/21 guy. I ordered black/black/aero/no EAP/cash on 10/21 and am also from Cleveland. I had a reservation, but not day 1 (Sept 2017). The blue is a nice color. I thought about changing to blue after I ordered too, but decided to stay with black. More recently I even considered adding EAP, but I'm afraid to do anything (except login to my account and refresh these boards constantly)! There's a supercharger nearby (Macedonia) so I also like to drive by it and look for Model 3s (which I've seen several). That's how I pass my time (oh yeah, there's some work and family stuff).

Let's hope they schedule some MRs headed to Cleveland soon! You have to admit that this is quite the experience! We're collectively tracking orders/statuses in a crowdsourced spreadsheet to help guestimate when we'll get cars with $3,750 on the line! Every time my phone gets a notification, I rush to see if it's Tesla (no luck so far!) Ha ha.

Good luck everyone!

• Funny
Reactions: 2012MS85 and V__2
Great news Congrats.

I am in Pittsburgh as well, Day 1 reservation holder + ordered on 10/19.
Haven't heard anything for my MR Blue/White.

I guess this proves, the color combinations is more important than anything else.
Based on all known info, I believe you're absolutely correct. I also ordered MR blue/white. Westmont (Chicago) delivery since I'm in Iowa. Crickets for me, too. But I think Tesla wisely is running all black interiors first that are headed to the East Coast. Then they'll do Midwest, but likely all the black interiors first. Then I'm expecting they'll run white interiors to the East Coast, followed by our white interiors to the Midwest...hopefully beginning the shipping process by end of Nov via UP rail...which could take 2 days to 2 weeks depending on whether our auto rail cars get stranded in a UP rail yard, as Santa edges us out in favor of dumb Christmas toys for bratty kids ;). And, yes, everyone in CA will have their MR 3s manufactured - and delivered - in December! So we all just need to un-follow this TMC thread until Thanksgiving, and then give thanks we did so :)

Los Angeles, CA
Day 1 Reservation Holder
10/20/18 configuration
White MR
EAP
18" wheels

No delivery date, no vin, nothing.

Sucks that non-reservation holders are getting delivery dates before day 1 people. Oh well.... Just hope I get the car before an international trip at the end of December.

Based on all known info, I believe you're absolutely correct. I also ordered MR blue/white. Westmont (Chicago) delivery since I'm in Iowa. Crickets for me, too. But I think Tesla wisely is running all black interiors first that are headed to the East Coast. Then they'll do Midwest, but likely all the black interiors first. Then I'm expecting they'll run white interiors to the East Coast, followed by our white interiors to the Midwest...hopefully beginning the shipping process by end of Nov via UP rail...which could take 2 days to 2 weeks depending on whether our auto rail cars get stranded in a UP rail yard, as Santa edges us out in favor of dumb Christmas toys for bratty kids ;). And, yes, everyone in CA will have their MR 3s manufactured - and delivered - in December! So we all just need to un-follow this TMC thread until Thanksgiving, and then give thanks we did so :)
Oh my...you have my mind running in terror of not receiving my white interior on the East Coast because of holiday shipping traffic.

@USCCowboys - Welcome to the boards! I'm in the same boat as you are (North Richland Hills). At least you got a text from your local DA. I didn't even get that yet.

I understand that Tesla may be prioritizing all deliveries to East Coast first to avoid last month logistics nightmares however they should at least (3-4 weeks after order) should provide an estimate of delivery. Even if its last day of the year (12/31), at least it will give us an idea that our order is in progress.

I was expecting to wait when I placed the order but not hearing any updates is brutal... I am loosing sleep here :(

@ConSabb

I got an e-mail from the guy (OA: Owner Adviser) who gave me the test drive at the Clearfork store, no Delivery Advisor text/call/e-mail yet. I too agree that as long as we can get some acknowledgment that we are still on track to receive the car by 12/31, then I'm fine. I think I selected delivery for the service center in Dallas and not Plano, TX. Seeing everyone else get these e-mails has me jealously optimistic!

Let me know when you hear anything!

I also got one of the emails 'updating' my order to a 10/30 date for changes I didn't make. It makes me nervous, but I try to forget about it and still tell myself I'm a 10/21 guy. I ordered black/black/aero/no EAP/cash on 10/21 and am also from Cleveland. I had a reservation, but not day 1 (Sept 2017). The blue is a nice color. I thought about changing to blue after I ordered too, but decided to stay with black. More recently I even considered adding EAP, but I'm afraid to do anything (except login to my account and refresh these boards constantly)! There's a supercharger nearby (Macedonia) so I also like to drive by it and look for Model 3s (which I've seen several). That's how I pass my time (oh yeah, there's some work and family stuff).

Let's hope they schedule some MRs headed to Cleveland soon! You have to admit that this is quite the experience! We're collectively tracking orders/statuses in a crowdsourced spreadsheet to help guestimate when we'll get cars with $3,750 on the line! Every time my phone gets a notification, I rush to see if it's Tesla (no luck so far!) Ha ha.

Good luck everyone!

So good to hear from a fellow Clevelander! And I'm totally in the same boat. Would have added EAP but too afraid to - maybe I'll talk to a delivery adviser once I'm assigned, but it's definitely Tesla's loss since I would have pulled the trigger already if their system wasn't so opaque, and now I have second thoughts. I'm also refreshing this board constantly and checking account. Like someone else said, you think I'd know patience after waiting 2.5+ years for this car, but now that I've pulled the trigger, the wait is unbearable!

I am in Plano, Tx. Agree that it would be nice if they would at least tell use we are on track to get our cars before year end. Ordered 10/18 day 3 reservation holder and have heard nothing since ordering black with white interior.

I was never given an option to pick up at service center. Home delivery was the only option given to me.

• MR
  • White
  • EAP
  • Aero
  • Ordered 10/22
  • No reservation (Was Dec 2016 reservation holder but canceled in Aug, 2018)
  • Not a current owner
  • Cash payment
  • No trade-in
  • First time poster here :D
Got email around 7pm today (Nov 13) for home delivery on Dec 5. Location - Orlando, FL.

I don't think cash or trade-in didn't really matter in my build priority.

Strong indication that if you ordered within the 9 to 10 week window, just sit back, relax, and you will get yours before 31st.

• MR
  • White
  • EAP
  • Aero
  • Ordered 10/22
  • Not a current owner
  • Cash payment
  • No trade-in
Got email around 7pm today (Nov 13) for home delivery on Dec 5. Location - Orlando, FL.

Strong indication that if you ordered within the 9 to 10 week window, just sit back, relax, and you will get yours before 31st.

BTW, there is still no VIN showing in my account still, I got the VIN in my email only.

• MR
  • White
  • EAP
  • Aero
  • Ordered 10/22
  • Not a current owner
  • Cash payment
  • No trade-in

hopefully they will be coming down to Miami area

• Disagree
Reactions: rjdoc74
Nice to see a lot of Cleveland orders! Anxiously waiting like the rest of you...

10/20 Order, no reservation
Black / Black, Aero, no EAP...for now

I'm in Columbus and got a text on Nov 5th for Nov 24th delivery at Easton which is about 15 miles away. So all you Clevelanders should hopefully be somewhat in the same time frame ... Nothing special : midnight silver, black interior, 18 (aero) wheels, no EAP, mid range.

Sorry was reservation holder on reveal night but not sure that matters anymore

anyone with South Florida delivery notices?

• MR
  • White
  • EAP
  • Aero
  • Ordered 10/22
  • Not a current owner
  • Cash payment
  • No trade-in

This is the first delivery I've noticed South of...Virginia? Not sure I saw anyone confirm delivery in the Southeast until vshanmug...so great news for us! 12/5 is a very optimistic date for someone with no reservation...so I'm feeling good with my 10/23 order.

• MR
  • White
  • EAP
  • Aero
  • Ordered 10/22
  • Not a current owner
  • Cash payment
  • No trade-in

What was your interior color????