Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was originally scheduled for home delivery 12/4. I called Tesla to change to SC delivery and the date was moved up to 11/27 - they couldn’t change the delivery method then as the car was in transit. Called the SC once the car arrived and they said we could come get it the very next day, which was a huge surprise! They are really trying to push out as many as they can. The guy mentioned he had done 73 deliveries the day before.

We have had the car for one whole day now and so far it has exceeded our (very high) expectations and we are thoroughly enjoying both driving it and letting Autopilot work its magic. Hang in there guys. We only saw the first sign of movement on our account a week and a half ago, after weeks of waiting, and now here we are.

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity
Received my Mid Range Model 3 on Nov-23 in Dedham, MA, as scheduled. Was an early reservation holder and ordered on October 21-2018. Went through the checklist and found nothing wrong with the car. Already made 200 miles, and it runs great, and the technology in it is mind blowing. Good luck in receiving yours everyone.

• Informative
Reactions: Rarity
So I was originally scheduled for home delivery 12/4. I called Tesla to change to SC delivery and the date was moved up to 11/27 - they couldn’t change the delivery method then as the car was in transit. Called the SC once the car arrived and they said we could come get it the very next day, which was a huge surprise! They are really trying to push out as many as they can. The guy mentioned he had done 73 deliveries the day before.

We have had the car for one whole day now and so far it has exceeded our (very high) expectations and we are thoroughly enjoying both driving it and letting Autopilot work its magic. Hang in there guys. We only saw the first sign of movement on our account a week and a half ago, after weeks of waiting, and now here we are.
Wow, sounds like I should call in. I have 12/12 home delivery scheduled. Will call tomorrow and see about changing to SC.

When I texted them, they told me changing to SC pickup could add 8 weeks. Was the person I texted dumb? Did anyone say anything like that to you?

Wow, sounds like I should call in. I have 12/12 home delivery scheduled. Will call tomorrow and see about changing to SC.

When I texted them, they told me changing to SC pickup could add 8 weeks. Was the person I texted dumb? Did anyone say anything like that to you?
I saw your posts earlier about this. I’ve never heard of anyone else getting that 8 weeks comment, that is highly unusual. It’s easier for them to have a SC pickup over a home delivery, and if anything you should be able to get the car sooner with a SC pickup (like what happened with me). I would definitely call Tesla’s main line as well as your local SC to get them to make the change and update you on the car’s whereabouts. Good luck!

I saw your posts earlier about this. I’ve never heard of anyone else getting that 8 weeks comment, that is highly unusual. It’s easier for them to have a SC pickup over a home delivery, and if anything you should be able to get the car sooner with a SC pickup (like what happened with me). I would definitely call Tesla’s main line as well as your local SC to get them to make the change and update you on the car’s whereabouts. Good luck!
Cool, did you go to Owings Mills? You called the main line first and then followed up with the SC?

I feel like they're going to save California deliveries until the last minute for the most part due to how close deliveries will be to the Fremont factory.

I'm starting to wonder if I should have opted for autopilot. Would changing my configuration to include autopilot push me further down the queue?