Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster here.
Ordered 10/19
Black/Black/Aero/EAP
I noticed the submit button only shows up after all 4 items are checked. The issue is that there are a host of legitimate reason why those buttons won't check. For me, I want to trade in my car. The button won't check, it just says there's more to do when delivery gets closer. However, just for the heck of it, I went and changed to no trade and the button checked and all of a sudden the submit button showed up. But I do want to trade in a car, so I went and changed it back and the submit button disappeared. Not sure if this really changes anything. I wish I knew. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7
First time poster here.
Ordered 10/19
Black/Black/Aero/EAP
I noticed the submit button only shows up after all 4 items are checked. The issue is that there are a host of legitimate reason why those buttons won't check. For me, I want to trade in my car. The button won't check, it just says there's more to do when delivery gets closer. However, just for the heck of it, I went and changed to no trade and the button checked and all of a sudden the submit button showed up. But I do want to trade in a car, so I went and changed it back and the submit button disappeared. Not sure if this really changes anything. I wish I knew. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I’m in the same situation as you. I also have a trade in and the checkmark only appears when I change the trade in preference to no trade. A similar thing happened with the payment method. When I change the payment method to cash instead of loan thru Tesla, the button became checked. I got to the submission page but backed out because I still want to use a loan thru Tesla and trade in my car. Not sure if I need to pass the submission page to advance in the order process. I received the order confirmation email the day I completed the order. I wonder if that order is the same with the contract draft.
Reservation holder from March 2017
Ordered 10/19/18
Black/Black/Aero/ No EAP

I’m in the same situation as you. I also have a trade in and the checkmark only appears when I change the trade in preference to no trade. A similar thing happened with the payment method. When I change the payment method to cash instead of loan thru Tesla, the button became checked. I got to the submission page but backed out because I still want to use a loan thru Tesla and trade in my car. Not sure if I need to pass the submission page to advance in the order process. I received the order confirmation email the day I completed the order. I wonder if that order is the same with the contract draft.
Reservation holder from March 2017
Ordered 10/19/18
Black/Black/Aero/ No EAP

As per my DA, my order has been placed and I'm supposed to wait till I receive some kind of communication with regards to my finance, which is a strong sign for a delivery within 30days as all finance quotes are valid for only 30days (at-least in Canada).

I switched off trade in and said I would be trading in nothing. A submit button appeared on my page and I was able to submit the order. I can no longer edit my order.

I'll tell them about the trade in later. Also, I opted for a cash payment because there was no self financing option. I'll tell them about the self financing later.

Has anyone here actually ordered and taken delivery of a Tesla before? If so, can you confirm whether what people are doing to get a coveted “Submit” button actually matters? I’m not sure having all the buttons checked and hitting Submit actually moves the production and matching of your car any faster...but I suppose it feels good.

Reactions: Scott7
This is what I see. Nothing else needed on my part? And, I used a referral code, so how do I know if I got the 6 months free SC?
I called and they were able to confirm my code was in.

Edit: Jesus, sorry I’m posting so much in this thread guys. I seriously haven’t been able to do anything else online the last 2 weeks besides monitor this thread for new info.

Reactions: PaulJB
Ordered the MR on 10/18. Decided to upgrade the wheels to the sports this morning, so I used the “back-door” link.

After getting a “Your design has been updated” email, I noticed they’ve also updated my agreement to include the new $11k MR price rather than the $10k it was when I ordered. I really hope it didn’t just cost me $2500 to upgrade my wheels.

Going to call today to see what’s up. Though I don’t have an assigned advisor yet, so I’m not sure what they’ll be able to do.

Has anyone here actually ordered and taken delivery of a Tesla before? If so, can you confirm whether what people are doing to get a coveted “Submit” button actually matters? I’m not sure having all the buttons checked and hitting Submit actually moves the production and matching of your car any faster...but I suppose it feels good.

Yeah I feel the same. I suspect that your spot or line or production time starts when you pay your $2500. The stuff on that page probably needs to be done before delivery, but getting it done earlier doesn't seem like it would matter before then. Regardless, it feels good to submit and be done with it so they know I AM READY TO GO NOW! lol

Reactions: PaulJB
Ordered the MR on 10/18. Decided to upgrade the wheels to the sports this morning, so I used the “back-door” link.

After getting a “Your design has been updated” email, I noticed they’ve also updated my agreement to include the new $11k MR price rather than the $10k it was when I ordered. I really hope it didn’t just cost me $2500 to upgrade my wheels.

Going to call today to see what’s up. Though I don’t have an assigned advisor yet, so I’m not sure what they’ll be able to do.

That’s just ridiculous. It’s just damn $1500 wheels. $2500 increase is just travesty of sorts in this whole crazy ordering process. Just call them and see what can be done. I would expect them to honor base price and only charge for upgrades.

Their CS ain’t that great. I am sure you can find somebody nice to fix it but good luck.

Hello fellow Model 3 RW reservation holders, below are my order details
  • No Reservation
  • Config Date: October 22, 2018
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Sold Black Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Trading in my current vehicle (2015' Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Premium)
  • Tesla Financing
I can still edit my design, no update from my DA with regards to VIN. But when I contacted my DA through texts, he said I should be looking at December delivery.

Attached is my account page with only 3 checkmarks, as I was informed that the finance team would reach out to me as my delivery date approaches, as each finance quote is valid for only 30days.

That's what mine looks like too. I don't think we can do anything else until Tesla contacts us for trade in and financing