Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can still edit my design, no update from my DA with regards to VIN. But when I contacted my DA through texts, he said I should be looking at December delivery.

Attached is my account page with only 3 checkmarks, as I was informed that the finance team would reach out to me as my delivery date approaches, as each finance quote is valid for only 30days.

How'd you even get a DA yet?

That’s just ridiculous. It’s just damn $1500 wheels. $2500 increase is just travesty of sorts in this whole crazy ordering process. Just call them and see what can be done. I would expect them to honor base price and only charge for upgrades.

Their CS ain’t that great. I am sure you can find somebody nice to fix it but good luck.

I called, they said they should honor the original price once I talk to the advisor, but that I should still bring it up to be sure. The other thing that worried me was that the new agreement states yesterday as the order date, rather than 2 weeks ago, and didn't know if that pushed me further back in line. But he said they still have me down as ordering on the 18th.

While it sounds like everything will be fine, their order process is not reassuring.

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7
I called, they said they should honor the original price once I talk to the advisor, but that I should still bring it up to be sure. The other thing that worried me was that the new agreement states yesterday as the order date, rather than 2 weeks ago, and didn't know if that pushed me further back in line. But he said they still have me down as ordering on the 18th.

While it sounds like everything will be fine, their order process is not reassuring.

Well some outside updates like wheels or adding EAP would be less of an hassle than say upgrade motor or battery.

That’s just conjecture, but I beleive you can still replace 19” rims on 18” Aero aftermarket. So my guess is that during wheel assembly they’ll swap out for nicer rims and original order for everything else goes as you intended to.

Things are definitely looking good for MR orders to be delivered by the end of the year, if any of you were on the fence about ordering one, now that EAP has gone up to $7K to add on later-this would be a good time to add it on before delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are definitely looking good for MR orders to be delivered by the end of the year, if any of you were on the fence about ordering one, now that EAP has gone up to $7K to add on later-this would be a good time to add it on before delivery.

Why do you say this? I ordered on 10/20 but haven’t heard anything. East Coast deliveries were estimated at 8-10 weeks which puts me right at the end of the year at 10 weeks. Why so optimistic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you say this? I ordered on 10/20 but haven’t heard anything. East Coast deliveries were estimated at 8-10 weeks which puts me right at the end of the year at 10 weeks. Why so optimistic?

I would say just wait for couple of weeks and we should start seeing VIN’s issued and deliveries scheduled for MR models.

And yes I am on East Coast. Batches of MR orders will for sure see some activity in next couple of weeks going by precedent of recent LR RWD orders.

Reactions: model3fan
I would say just wait for couple of weeks and we should start seeing VIN’s issued and deliveries scheduled for MR models.

And yes I am on East Coast. Batches of MR orders will for sure see some activity in next couple of weeks going by precedent of recent LR RWD orders.

I think we'll start to see VIN's late next week if you reserved on Oct 18 or 19 and 2-3 weeks after for first delivery. That is inline with the 6-10 week advertized timeline. It might be possible for Tesla to ship first batches to East Coast first to maximize deliveries for 2018. I say this because the handful of current MR VIN's have been assigned are all in the midwest.

I think we'll start to see VIN's late next week if you reserved on Oct 18 or 19 and 2-3 weeks after for first delivery. That is inline with the 6-10 week advertized timeline. It might be possible for Tesla to ship first batches to East Coast first to maximize deliveries for 2018. I say this because the handful of current MR VIN's have been assigned are all in the midwest.

Makes sense. I only saw 3 VIN’s until yesterday. Haven’t checked the tracker today.

Most of us want this by Dec 31st. Hope everyone gets theirs. I am not a reservation holder though:

Makes sense. I only saw 3 VIN’s until yesterday. Haven’t checked the tracker today.

Most of us want this by Dec 31st. Hope everyone gets theirs. I am not a reservation holder though:

@aasandsas: Only one more new VIN. It'll be quiet for a few more days but If you see a bunch in one day all of a sudden, the race is on!

This article affirms my suspicions. Things slowed down to get ready for MR. Unfortunately, if you ordered LR AWD or P, this might be bad.

https://electrek.co/2018/11/02/tesla-production-down-start-new-mid-range-model-3/

pure speculation, but my guy handling things at the service center has started asking me to fill in my info for trade in ASAP. ordered MR on the 23rd, current MS owner. DC area. keeps mentioning the 30 day window with regards to accepting trade-ins.

Food for thought.

pure speculation, but my guy handling things at the service center has started asking me to fill in my info for trade in ASAP. ordered MR on the 23rd, current MS owner. DC area. keeps mentioning the 30 day window with regards to accepting trade-ins.

Food for thought.

Same here, I submitted by trade-in the day I ordered M3 RW at the store and received a quote in 30mins.

My OA has been saying I should be receiving an email 30 days before the delivery date to do tesla financing as a quote is valid only for 30 days.

Same here, I submitted by trade-in the day I ordered M3 RW at the store and received a quote in 30mins.

My OA has been saying I should be receiving an email 30 days before the delivery date to do tesla financing as a quote is valid only for 30 days.
let me clarify, he was asking me to take the next steps in regards to the trade-in not the initial quote portion

This is not good for me? I ordered on 11/1 and hoping for delivery before year-end, of course. I'm in Los Angeles and when ordering I was prompted that my zip code qualifies me for home delivery. Will this slow it down?

This is not good for me? I ordered on 11/1 and hoping for delivery before year-end, of course. I'm in Los Angeles and when ordering I was prompted that my zip code qualifies me for home delivery. Will this slow it down?

I think you are still safe. If you are in LA, you should maybe consider picking up at Fremont to be 100% certain. I think anyone who is willing to pick it up in Fremont, you have a couple more weeks to get it before Dec 31.