Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went up there last week to take a test drive of a Model 3 LR RWD. It was a very nice car! The service center was full of cars in the parking lot and only one space available at the time to park.

Cool and I heard it’s busy out there. I drove by buddy’s LR AWD M3 and another one’s 90D Model S.

I have to say I liked M3 better in terms of road handling. But maybe that’s just me.

Hopefully someone with white interior will start getting notifications in the next few days. If I don't hear something by Friday I'll call, though I can't believe it will do any good. Don't mind waiting some, but if for some reason that delays it past the first of the year, that would really be upsetting. It would turn a 1500 option into a 5250 option.

Reactions: 2012MS85
Summit NJ pre-announcement reserved; order online 10/19 got a text today for Dec 6th delivery. App still not link to product, no vin, not showing referral code.

MR RWD M3
Black
18" aero
Black Interior
EAP
I feel like they must be going in reservation order. I ordered 10/18, reservation holder from April of 2016, about two weeks after reveal. Haven’t heard a thing.

MR
Black
Black isn’t
18”
EAP

I had a pre-reveal in-store reservation, but accidentally started a new order and didn't use my reservation (it's just sitting there alongside my actual order in my account). Plus I was one of the unlucky few that somehow had their order updated to 10/30 without actually changing anything. Had app access and my own referral code pretty early on, but otherwise I'm scared it's not looking good for me for a delivery by the end of the year. I got MR, black/black, aero, no AP, from Short Hills NJ.

Anybody else on the same boat as me? I feel like I screwed up too many times and now idk if I'll make the $7500 tax credit deadline :(

I had a pre-reveal in-store reservation, but accidentally started a new order and didn't use my reservation (it's just sitting there alongside my actual order in my account). Plus I was one of the unlucky few that somehow had their order updated to 10/30 without actually changing anything. Had app access and my own referral code pretty early on, but otherwise I'm scared it's not looking good for me for a delivery by the end of the year. I got MR, black/black, aero, no AP, from Short Hills NJ.

Anybody else on the same boat as me? I feel like I screwed up too many times and now idk if I'll make the $7500 tax credit deadline :(
I was one of those people also so in the same spot. In California so I’d hope to get notified soon. Makes me think the 10/30 mod did something to mess things up.

My order also got screwed up on the 30th adding $1000 to my order after it went up but I called and they confirmed it wasn't correct. I got my delivery date today for Nov 24th so you may still be okay. Although I didn't have the new order issue so who knows

Just did a rough analysis of the MR orders totaling 25 so far. Some observations…
- Almost all confirmed deliveries are reservation or owner orders. Out of them about 20% are already confirmed for deliveries.
- Provided most VIN’s were reported past 2 days, at this pace, all reservation holders and owners should get their VIN’s in 2 weeks with delivery about 2-4 weeks afterwards.
- VIN’s are in the 151XXX to 154XXX’s, so roughly 3000 range of VIN’s.
- Priority is focused in Midwest/East Coast
- My rough guess is that there are about 10K-15K MR orders now.. 60-70% of them reservation and owner priority. Assuming 10K MR priority orders, that is about 2 weeks of production and I understand MR production is full speed. Two weeks from today is Nov 19 or so. So most priority orders can be filled by then.
- Conclusion: if you had a reservation or are current order, you are almost certain you will get your MR by end of this year.

Just did a rough analysis of the MR orders totaling 25 so far. Some observations…
- Almost all confirmed deliveries are reservation or owner orders. Out of them about 20% are already confirmed for deliveries.
- Provided most VIN’s were reported past 2 days, at this pace, all reservation holders and owners should get their VIN’s in 2 weeks with delivery about 2-4 weeks afterwards.
- VIN’s are in the 151XXX to 154XXX’s, so roughly 3000 range of VIN’s.
- Priority is focused in Midwest/East Coast
- My rough guess is that there are about 10K-15K MR orders now.. 60-70% of them reservation and owner priority. Assuming 10K MR priority orders, that is about 2 weeks of production and I understand MR production is full speed. Two weeks from today is Nov 19 or so. So most priority orders can be filled by then.
- Conclusion: if you had a reservation or are current order, you are almost certain you will get your MR by end of this year.

If that is the case, it would be great. How are we guestimating the amount of orders. Also wondering how prioritization works. If i placed a few hrs after it came out, yet a reservation holder places an order today.. would they be ahead of me on the queue. I am curious in how they determine how to fulfil

I was one of those people also so in the same spot. In California so I’d hope to get notified soon. Makes me think the 10/30 mod did something to mess things up.
Same here. Reserved morning of 3/31/2016; ordered 10/18/2018; order date changed by Tesla to 10/30/2018. When I called to ask about the change, the guy said not to worry and that I'm "100% guaranteed" to get my car by year-end. Given the propensity of some Tesla employees to make unfounded statements, that "guarantee" isn't exactly reassuring. Order has been in "drafting contract" phase for over two weeks.

Reactions: johnny chimpo
Hopefully someone with white interior will start getting notifications in the next few days. If I don't hear something by Friday I'll call, though I can't believe it will do any good. Don't mind waiting some, but if for some reason that delays it past the first of the year, that would really be upsetting. It would turn a 1500 option into a 5250 option.

I don't think you will have to worry. Based on the data in the Order Tracker, white is a 10% uptake. If its that low then they will just reserve a day at the end of a week to make white interiors. I would have liked them to do it upfront personally but understand why all the orders being delivered are for black interior.