Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you seeing it? After submitting trade-in/ payment/insurance and other details and hit the blue "Submit" button I get the "
Next Steps - We are drafting up your contract..." message on the main page. If I click "Overview" I see that "Order" and "Prepare for Delivery" are checked; "Payment" and "Delivery" are empty circles.

Hmm

I did the same and it is still in "Prepare for delivery". When I click Overview, I only see check mark against "Order".
Let me call them

I ordered 10/29 for blue MR and missed out on the off menu for LR, which I preferred but had to wait for wife's approval. Today I just called my owner advisor and had him search for LR RWD and they had a white one (actually debated on switching colors anyways) sitting in the same city. They told me it was cancelled order rather than rejected by someone since Vin was never assigned. I'm super excited!

I don’t have owner advisor assigned specifically. Should I just call my delivery store and talk to associate to see if they have any in transit ? Open to colors.

Maybe I can find one with LR + RWD.

Can we stop wasting the time of OA's and Tesla customer service? Your Vin will get assigned when it gets assigned. Getting "boxes checked" doesn't expedite the process. Instead, how about watch the videos on operating your soon to be new car or studying the owners manual so you won't be " that guy"

Howdy neighbor. Have you heard from Tesla yet? I ordered on 10/24, but haven't heard anything. I'm also in Jax.

I don't have a VIN # yet or a delivery date. We placed order on evening of 10/18. I just received an email today that they updated our order with my referral code (6 months free supercharging) so it must be moving along. We're hoping to get a VIN email and day now. Fingers crossed.

Stay in touch...

Reactions: Gator Rican
I don't have a VIN # yet or a delivery date. We placed order on evening of 10/18. I just received an email today that they updated our order with my referral code (6 months free supercharging) so it must be moving along. We're hoping to get a VIN email and day now. Fingers crossed.

Stay in touch...

Did you have to call and tell them the referral code or did you order with it? I called and added it and haven't received an email about it.

I did 3 things- I called the customer service number, also called my local store and worked with OA and finally sent an email to tesla referral program referencing my reservation number and referral code. Today I received an email back from referral program confirming it was added. Now when I go to my page/App I see the referral code in progress. Prior to the email nothing appeared on screen.

I am not a reservation holder. Placed my mid-range order on 10/24. I have not heard from Tesla at all. I'm in Jacksonville, FL. If I miss the full tax credit I'll be sleeping on the couch for a while. :)

I saw this video that shows how you can sleep in Model 3 when you fold down the seat and add the mattress. You can even have the climate control on to keep you cool at night. Might be nicer than the couch. :p

• Funny
Reactions: Gator Rican
@odub I'm extremely interested to learn about the transportation logistics, if you know more details. Does Tesla do containers via rail or truck to the Oakland port? And then from that port it's about a week to Hawaii...but then what happens? Please share any details you (or others with transportation logistics knowledge) might know. I'm fascinated to learn how a Tesla makes its way to the customer, especially one on an island in the Pacific (that I loved visiting back in 2011). Many thanks for your input!

Sorry but I’m really not sure of the exact logistics as to whether or not they transport by rail or truck to the ship and place in containers or not. I know at least one shipping company places private autos in containers for shipment but I’m not sure if Tesla uses them. Wish I knew more.

Sorry but I’m really not sure of the exact logistics as to whether or not they transport by rail or truck to the ship and place in containers or not. I know at least one shipping company places private autos in containers for shipment but I’m not sure if Tesla uses them. Wish I knew more.
It’s likely these types of variables (delays on the intramodal transfers) that produce the “long” delivery time to Hawaii. And Tesla hopefully is giving you worst case (under-promise, then over-deliver). How much is your delivery charge? Our CONUS (Continental US) freight/doc fee is $1,200; guessing yours is significantly higher? If not, even more reason why Tesla would be trying to save money with cheaper/slower freight carriers. Lots of points where a shipment might get backed up, especially at the ports (Oakland & Honolulu). Good luck!

I did 3 things- I called the customer service number, also called my local store and worked with OA and finally sent an email to tesla referral program referencing my reservation number and referral code. Today I received an email back from referral program confirming it was added. Now when I go to my page/App I see the referral code in progress. Prior to the email nothing appeared on screen.

What email did you use for the referral program?

Also wonder if we can actually do what some here have mentioned - use our own referral code?

Could anyone who has done that let us know how they did it?

“Tesla’s Referral FAQ” said:
Referral Program
A2DAB85D-36D2-4BA2-BA7B-935335740081.jpeg

Now it easily could be they aren’t actively enforcing that you must already have a post-delivery Tesla product, but overall, self-referrals are indeed permitted.