Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I contacted local delivery center and asked the sales guy if there were any M3’s that were cancelled or on their way to the center.

They told me to call online sales and online sales told me to contact local center. Their products are good but Tesla’s CS leaves a lot to be desired. It’s just outright not co-ordinated among various internal functions.

Also don’t have IDA assigned for my order yet.

Reactions: model3fan
I have to admit I'm a bit ticked off over this...but I'll get over it.

I was one of those that had a reservation, placed my order and the reservation wasn't used (a system glitch), and had a new order created. After I contacted Tesla, they said the reservation didn't matter. So...
Little bird also told me we will have more VIN emails tomorrow along with some deliveries somewhere in the US. The little bird was sure this was going to happen on Friday too!
Does the little bird think a 10/20 MidRange order will be filled by end of year? East Coast

I contacted my OA today about the MR delivery stages and this is what he replied - "I haven't seen them start delivering just yet! Soon I am sure though!" Seems like they havent started yet on the MR deliveries. BTW I'm from Chicago Western suburbs

I'm writing to confirm this info. I'm on a time sensitive deadline (no car and have to commute to a new job) so I went in to the showroom today. My Owner Advisor said they're just really ramping up production of the M3 Mid-Range and said that I'd receive a VIN within 2-3 weeks and from today I could expect delivery within 4-6 weeks. I told him my situation and he was able to match me to a car in Fremont, but it meant I'd have to get an M3 Long-Range. I decided to move forward because it meant I'd have my car by Thanksgiving at the latest. The idea of renting a car until December would have cost pretty much the same.

So for those hoping delivery happens by December, try not to be too worried. It will happen. I would keep waiting too but there are other circumstances that I can't help which don't put time on my side for the Mid-Range.

(Edited to add) I submitted my order on Oct 18th.

Last edited:
I'm writing to confirm this info. I'm on a time sensitive deadline (no car and have to commute to a new job) so I went in to the showroom today. My Owner Advisor said they're just really ramping up production of the M3 Mid-Range and said that I'd receive a VIN within 2-3 weeks and from today I could expect delivery within 4-6 weeks. I told him my situation and he was able to match me to a car in Fremont, but it meant I'd have to get an M3 Long-Range. I decided to move forward because it meant I'd have my car by Thanksgiving at the latest. The idea of renting a car until December would have cost pretty much the same.

So for those hoping delivery happens by December, try not to be too worried. It will happen. I would keep waiting too but there are other circumstances that I can't help which don't put time on my side for the Mid-Range.

(Edited to add) I submitted my order on Oct 18th.
Thanks for the info. East coaster ordered 10/20 and I’m sweating it. Although I really want the white interior and it would be nice to save a bit more $ to put down/

Hello! I have a Model 3, Long Range All-Wheel Drive, Midnight Silver Metallic, 18" Aeros on order. I placed my order on 10/25 for a Black LR AWD with 18" Aeros and modified it to the Midnight Silver Metallic on 10/30. I got my delivery date and time of 11/27 9:00am fairly immediately, probably within 24 hours, after modifying. I also bought a boat load of other stuff, floor mats, sunshades, etc... at the same time I wonder if that greased the skids a little.

A lot of people seem to have some serious inside knowledge here I'm curious as to where you are getting it. Is there a website out there that tracks my car once the VIN is assigned?

Hello! I have a Model 3, Long Range All-Wheel Drive, Midnight Silver Metallic, 18" Aeros on order. I placed my order on 10/25 for a Black LR AWD with 18" Aeros and modified it to the Midnight Silver Metallic on 10/30. I got my delivery date and time of 11/27 9:00am fairly immediately, probably within 24 hours, after modifying. I also bought a boat load of other stuff, floor mats, sunshades, etc... at the same time I wonder if that greased the skids a little.

A lot of people seem to have some serious inside knowledge here I'm curious as to where you are getting it. Is there a website out there that tracks my car once the VIN is assigned?

What color interior - WHITE or BLACK ??

Same here. Reserved morning of 3/31/2016; ordered 10/18/2018; order date changed by Tesla to 10/30/2018. When I called to ask about the change, the guy said not to worry and that I'm "100% guaranteed" to get my car by year-end. Given the propensity of some Tesla employees to make unfounded statements, that "guarantee" isn't exactly reassuring. Order has been in "drafting contract" phase for over two weeks.
Woohoo! I checked my account page again today (for the umpteenth time in the last couple of weeks) and noticed the addition now of a VIN and scheduled delivery date. Due to a conflict, I called to reschedule my delivery to 11/15.

Last edited:
Reactions: shanif
I have to admit I'm a bit ticked off over this...but I'll get over it.

I was one of those that had a reservation, placed my order and the reservation wasn't used (a system glitch), and had a new order created. After I contacted Tesla, they said the reservation didn't matter. So...I got my reservation refunded and went on.

I think we have all realized at this point reservations matter based on the tracker and people commenting here. Well...I just tried to place a dummy order to see what the current delivery timing is. It says...

Delivery in ~6-10 weeks
Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

I guess they have officially changed their minds.

Ugh. Oh, well. Nothing I can do about it.

In the same boat :-| Tried to fix it but 4 different customer care reps told me not to worry and that I will get the car by end of year. Oh well let us wait and see

Here's just a hypothetical question...

I'm on the east coast and like many of us am a little concerned. As I ponder that, I pondered something else. I have the week between Christmas and New Years off of work. Would it be possible to say to Tesla that I would like to pick the car up in Fremont and do it on December 26th (if given an earlier date than that)?

Here's just a hypothetical question...

I'm on the east coast and like many of us am a little concerned. As I ponder that, I pondered something else. I have the week between Christmas and New Years off of work. Would it be possible to say to Tesla that I would like to pick the car up in Fremont and do it on December 26th (if given an earlier date than that)?

They will give you a delivery date. The only way to get it on a set date is if they give you a date a few days before that and you delay it a bit. I read on here the max you can delay a delivery is a week so if they give you a date of like 12/5, you can't push it till the 26th