Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10/27
Day 1 reservation holder
White paint, black interior, Autopilot
No trade-in, outside financing
I live about 20 minutes from Fremont factory

Haven't heard anything from Tesla since ordering, but minutes ago just received text for Nov 14 home delivery.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyclone
Long time lurker, first time poster. Here are my order details:
  • No Reservation
  • Config Date: October 19, 2018
  • Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • No EAP
  • East Coast (Maryland)

I just checked my Tesla account and I now have a delivery date of December 24th. That's 9 weeks and 3 days from config/order date.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 12.37.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 12.37.45 PM.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 77
Nothing like waiting until last minute, I am considering ordering an MR in SoCal and trying to get in before the rebate cutoff. Anyone else think I am nuts at this point? The ETA now shows 6-10 weeks, so that isn't promising. I'm potentially open to picking up in Fremont, especially if it gets it to me before the holidays so I wouldn't have to change travel plans.

They really must be giving priority to reservation holders, I ordered before you and my delivery is a month after you! (also east coast)
I'm a reservation holder, but in Oregon. It seems like they're prioritizing east coast deliveries first. It's easy for them to deliver on the west coast so we'll likely be pushed to December. Waiting is the hardest part!

I saw kathyhom from Tesla forums write this:

Spoke to a Tesla Rep. She said the cars are grouped on color and to a lesser extent, upgrades. The cars built in batches. So I asked her if I’m just waiting for a batch of Red MR with white interior to be made and she answered, “Yes”.

She also said there is no longer preferential treatment for anyone to get a car. Deliveries are based on production priority only. Basically building in batches. So if you ordered a car that was scheduled to have a batch built next you’ll get the car quickly. If you arder a car right after a same batch just finished, you’ll likely wait longer. Financing does not play into delivery as they have a week or two to sort it once you IDA is assigned.

She also explained the VIN issuance is complete;y different from the way I got my MX a few months ago. On my MX I got the VIN waaaay before production began (4 weeks prior to beginning production). Now they wait until the car is in production.

I'm pretty sure there is some preferential treatment. Seems like a lot more reservation holders are being prioritized as they should.

• Informative
Reactions: V__2
I saw kathyhom from Tesla forums write this:

Spoke to a Tesla Rep. She said the cars are grouped on color and to a lesser extent, upgrades. The cars built in batches. So I asked her if I’m just waiting for a batch of Red MR with white interior to be made and she answered, “Yes”.

She also said there is no longer preferential treatment for anyone to get a car. Deliveries are based on production priority only. Basically building in batches. So if you ordered a car that was scheduled to have a batch built next you’ll get the car quickly. If you arder a car right after a same batch just finished, you’ll likely wait longer. Financing does not play into delivery as they have a week or two to sort it once you IDA is assigned.

She also explained the VIN issuance is complete;y different from the way I got my MX a few months ago. On my MX I got the VIN waaaay before production began (4 weeks prior to beginning production). Now they wait until the car is in production.
This sounds credible. I was told when I called to reschedule my MR delivery that they could only keep my VIN available for 5 days or so. After that, they'll give the car to someone else who ordered the same configuration and I'll have to wait for a different matching car. My concern was that they may not batch build my configuration again for some time, so I went with the next available daytime slot.
I'm pretty sure there is some preferential treatment. Seems like a lot more reservation holders are being prioritized as they should.
Maybe reservation holders have been following Tesla more closely and have been participating in this and other forums (or at least know about these forums), so they're more likely to post that they've received delivery notifications?