Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds credible. I was told when I called to reschedule my MR delivery that they could only keep my VIN available for 5 days or so. After that, they'll give the car to someone else who ordered the same configuration and I'll have to wait for a different matching car. My concern was that they may not batch build my configuration again for some time, so I went with the next available daytime slot.

Maybe reservation holders have been following Tesla more closely and have been participating in this and other forums (or at least know about these forums), so they're more likely to post that they've received delivery notifications?

The Model 3 Order Tracker Spreadsheet suggests owners and reservation holders are getting priority, unless non-reservation holders are reporting their orders, but not their VINs or delivery notifications. That wouldn't make sense to me.

Reactions: model3fan
Maybe reservation holders have been following Tesla more closely and have been participating in this and other forums (or at least know about these forums), so they're more likely to post that they've received delivery notifications?
Or reservation holders still get priority within each batch of MRs produced. Since it's still early in the MR production, every batch likely has a good number of orders that are for reservation holders.

Reactions: DriveMe
Here's something interesting. I ordered the Winter Wheel and Tire package about a week ago. The Shop asks you for a VIN when you order, which of course I don't have. But at the same time I got a delivery date this morning, an email came in about the tire package order. It has a VIN attached! The VIN is 152XXX

I still don't see a VIN in my account even if I look at the source, nor do I have access to the app or my referral code.