Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who submitted a trade-in self evaluation, how long did it take for them to turn it around and provide an answer? Also, could you share the next step in how that process goes? I’m wondering if the total due automatically adjusts if you “accept” the offer. Is there even an option to decline the offer?

I submitted my self evaluation on Tuesday evening and the system said within 24-hours I should hear something ... nothing yet though.
i did mine over a week ago and never heard back.

Oh wow that doesn't bode well -- I did mine yesterday and it has just been about 24 hours. Delivery is scheduled for 11/25. And I have not put in the financing app since I want to know the trade-in amount.

I sent in my trade in info and pictures on Tuesday afternoon, and haven't heard anything yet. I'd like to trade in to tesla to avoid having to pay tax on sales, but I don't think they'll be close enough to the offer I got from my vw dealer I got last night.

i did mine over a week ago and never heard back.

That makes me nervous. My delivery is scheduled for 11/25 and I'm anxious with the Thanksgiving holiday in-between now and then. Thankfully though my current car is pretty much a junker, so no matter how I get rid of it, it won't affect my bottom line too much. I'll most likely trade it in regardless to get just that little bit more saved on the taxes.

That makes me nervous. My delivery is scheduled for 11/25 and I'm anxious with the Thanksgiving holiday in-between now and then. Thankfully though my current car is pretty much a junker, so no matter how I get rid of it, it won't affect my bottom line too much. I'll most likely trade it in regardless to get just that little bit more saved on the taxes.

Don't sweat it! You've got a delivery date. Black MR with white interior here. I'm hoping we don't have 7-10 days with no deliveries assigned like we did the last round. I'm also trying to be optimistic here because many currently scheduled deliveries are happening prior to 12/5. Hopefully we start getting some white interior MR from 12/5 - 12/15 or around this timeframe. I am a day 0 reservation holder, who waited in line.

Sorry if you can't see my signature on mobile - I'll recap:

10/23 MR RWD Order | Pearl White, Black Interior | 18" Wheels | EAP | No Reservation | Delivery Scheduled: 12/10

Received text message today at 3:02pm EST with delivery date of 12/10 at 6pm. Text came from area code 510 = Oakland.

Text message said my deliver would be at the West Palm Beach location an hour North of me, despite there being a Tesla shop 2 minutes from me...I will try to get that changed.

When I log in to Tesla.com I see no VIN and below my delivery date it has my home address...so I will need to clarify where my delivery is and if it's WPB, try to get it changed to Miami.

It appears Tesla is building certain configs in batches targeted to certain regions. I got delivery confirmation for Orlando, FL for exact same configuration, ordered 10/22.
Super curious when you'll get your delivery date. I configured 10/20 but am a day 0 reservation holder. We ordered the same car and are within a 30min drive of each other.

I had the exact same configuration, no reservation holder from Orlando, FL, my delivery is set for 12/5. It appears Tesla is going in batches, and trying to get the cars out to east coast first and work westwards.

!!

Attachments

• DE06B95B-1D49-4028-97B4-0F5B4BA63E4C.jpeg
    DE06B95B-1D49-4028-97B4-0F5B4BA63E4C.jpeg
    786.6 KB · Views: 90
Ok, so what about those of us that ordered on 10/18 or within the past few weeks? Maybe things will speed up now?!?!

Orders are being filled East Coast -> West Coast. At current pace, Mid-west, Pac NW and SW next week. California will likely be matched in 2 weeks. If you count logistics times and if you ordered in Oct, everyone should get their cars before X-mas. If you ordered later, maybe after X-mas but no guarantees prior to New Year.

Also, people keep talking about VIN's. Don't worry about VIN's if you didn't get a delivery appt. VIN's don't get issued till you get delivery and about 1 week prior to your delivery appointment.

Tweet from Elon a few minutes ago: "Tesla just acquired trucking capacity to ensure Model 3 can be delivered in US by Dec 31 if ordered by Nov 30." "Skipping rail saves over a month for East Coast deliveries. All things considered, it's better to use trucks. Single load/unload & direct to owner location".

Reactions: Carl_P
Tweet from Elon a few minutes ago: "Tesla just acquired trucking capacity to ensure Model 3 can be delivered in US by Dec 31 if ordered by Nov 30." "Skipping rail saves over a month for East Coast deliveries. All things considered, it's better to use trucks. Single load/unload & direct to owner location".

Yeah I stopped by the service center looking for my car.... they use the term “is it delayed for body damage”? I was told software but I’m starting to wonder with over 1 week delay of original delivery date.

This is in Seattle..... imagine the ones trucked across the country. Good luck

Well, that should mean that we get the white interior orders easily by end of the year then. If they can actually make them......

I sent in my trade in info and pictures on Tuesday afternoon, and haven't heard anything yet. I'd like to trade in to tesla to avoid having to pay tax on sales, but I don't think they'll be close enough to the offer I got from my vw dealer I got last night.

Can you clarify about what you mean when you say trading in you avoid having to pay on sales taxes? If that's the case , then maybe I'll trade mine in.

Can you clarify about what you mean when you say trading in you avoid having to pay on sales taxes? If that's the case , then maybe I'll trade mine in.

The trade-in value is deducted from the purchase price of the new vehicle, so it will lower the sales tax owed on the new car purchase.

EDIT: Not sure if this is state specific. So you may want to double check if it applies in CA.

• Helpful
Reactions: fefelix