Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my first outreach today after ordering 10/21...

MR
Midnight Silver
Black & White interior
19” Sport
EAP

Call from NY center saying they found “the same car with a black interior” for delivery within 2 weeks. I asked about the estimated ETA if I waited for the white interior and he said “oh, since you ordered before today you will definitely receive your car before year end...we just wanted to see if you’d like one a few weeks earlier since it was such a close match.”

Rolling the dice and going to hold out for the white!

So I caved. My order was

Mid Range Model 3
MSM
Black and white interior
18" Aeros
EAP

Ordered 10/26. No feedback from Tesla since ordering. Last night (11/29) changed order from black and white interior to just black. Just received text saying delivery scheduled for 12/27. I am east coast in Boston area. I know white interior is promised end of year if ordered by 11/30 I don't have much faith anymore given my 12/27 date for black. Anyway I am happy.

Got my first outreach today after ordering 10/21...

MR
Midnight Silver
Black & White interior
19” Sport
EAP

Call from NY center saying they found “the same car with a black interior” for delivery within 2 weeks. I asked about the estimated ETA if I waited for the white interior and he said “oh, since you ordered before today you will definitely receive your car before year end...we just wanted to see if you’d like one a few weeks earlier since it was such a close match.”

Rolling the dice and going to hold out for the white!

That is my exact config. I’m sure we will both get them before end of year.

Well my advisor is useless and after three calls responded. They matched me to a LR and realized it only when I asked for a finalized MVPA. They didn’t bother to respond to my request and instead just removed the VIN and appointment without contacting me, it feels very disrespectful.
Do I have this right? You had an MR, asked OA to switch you to an LR and they scheduled you a delivery date and assigned you a VIN shortly after. Less than 24 hours later you contacted them to get you an MVPA and shortly after that, your delivery date and VIN were removed from your order page?

I’m asking because if I got your story right, it’s oretty much the exact situation I’m in, except I only have a delivery date on my order page, but no VIN or MVPA. And it’s been a week since I had my MR changed to LR.

EDIT: when I said I have no VIN, I don’t have a VIN on my order page, but my OA did show me the VIN on his computer when he was changing my order from MR to LR. But no MVPA regardless.

Last edited:
Got update on my order 6 weeks in.

I am in San Jose, CA

Ordered 10/21
MR midnight silver
Black interior
18” Aero
No EAP

Got an email on 11/28 that they ready for home delivery on Sunday 12/2 between 6 PM to. 8 PM. I have to push that out to 12/4. No VIN info yet just note in my account that delivery is scheduled for 12/4 home delivery. Dilivery Assistant has not contact me yet. I still wonder if they going tonreally make the 12/4.

When do people usually get their VIN info? I think for us since they are not shipping the car they can just record VIN before drive the car to my house for home delivery. We are 12 miles from the factory.

Got update on my order 6 weeks in.

I am in San Jose, CA

Ordered 10/21
MR midnight silver
Black interior
18” Aero
No EAP

Got an email on 11/28 that they ready for home delivery on Sunday 12/2 between 6 PM to. 8 PM. I have to push that out to 12/4. No VIN info yet just note in my account that delivery is scheduled for 12/4 home delivery. Dilivery Assistant has not contact me yet. I still wonder if they going tonreally make the 12/4.

When do people usually get their VIN info? I think for us since they are not shipping the car they can just record VIN before drive the car to my house for home delivery. We are 12 miles from the factory.

Same for me. 27mi from Fremont factory. Home delivery appt shows on 12/3 @2-4pm, but Edit Design link is still there. No VIN assigned yet. Tesla email said my DA (named) will contact me, but nothing. I have no trade-in but trying to finance thru Tesla.

They better come thru cuz I’m taking off work!

Ordered on 10/31. Added the iPhone app and went through the tutorials as directed. Since this is the wife's car, she did it several times.

Received an email for a pickup date, 12/4, on 11/16.

VIN shows up on my Tesla account...no notification. Just appeared.

Looking at my iPhone app today, I am presented with a login for the app...I use my credentials, and I am unable to log in. Something is brewing...I am paying cash. I have not had any other contact from tesla. Tuesday can't come soon enough..

• Mid Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Sport Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior

Another update, Tesla reached out this morning saying it's available 11/30 from 3-5pm, Direct Delivery at home.

Full history:
  • Ordered 10/18 around 10PM Pacific
  • MSM, Black, 18" Aero, non-EAP
  • No reservation but current 3LR owner
  • SoCal (Chino Hills)
  • Paying cash
  • Email 11/26, "car is ready 12/5 for Direct Delivery"
  • Text 11/27 evening, "earlier date available, reply YES to respond", replied within 30 minutes
  • Text 11/28 morning, "new delivery date 11/30"

Annnnnnd the 3MR was delivered yesterday. No major issues with defects but made note of some minor panel mis-alignments and will have them take a look to see if any adjustments are possible.

In other non-news, Direct Delivery sucks and is extremely non-personal. The driver immediately ordered an Uber ride back to the SC and didn’t offer any how-tos and tips on how to operate the car.

Ordered 11/22
Midnight Silver
Aero Wheels
White Interior
EAP
Atlanta, Georgia

I chose a loan arranged through Tesla as my payment method. Then I got an email 11/30 that said "To move forward in the delivery process, please provide the following information:" And then told me to confirm delivery location, upload drivers license, confirm name and address for registration, and confirm payment method. The problem is I already filled all of this out when I first ordered the car.

If I use the link in the email to log in, the words "Model 3" and the reservation number are red, but if I log in without using the link they're black like they should be. Does anyone know what could be happening?