Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also asked to replace my MR order with an LR a couple weeks back, and I think my car is exactly like yours (MSM Black Aero EAP) and with a 123xxx VIN too! (don't worry, I'm on the West coast so we won't bump into each other and have that awkward "wore the same dress to the same party" moment).

Anyway, how was your delivery? How many miles did your car have on it when it was delivered? Do you know if it was a rejected delivery by someone else? Mine is getting delivered in 2 days and I've got all these thoughts going through my head and pent up excitement that I have to post something to keep me busy. Thanks.

Delivery experience was okay. Ended up getting moved around because the SC was overwhelmed. They actually ended up delivering it to my door (Tesla employee drove it to me, after being detailed at SC, not car carrier drop off). Overall, communication was not great / some bumps, but in the end Tesla made it happen. Guys at the SC definitely tried their best--they're just so busy! Vehicle had a couple flaws in it that are currently being resolved (cosmetic stuff + one glass issue; seems to be working fine mechanically).

In general, I love the car. It's awesome. I'm currently driving an S while they're working on my vehicle, and much prefer the 3. I live in a cold climate, so very happy I opted for LR upgrade, over MR.

I don't think my vehicle was refused by anyone else; it was stuck deep in a holding lot and took them a while to get it out. I think it just came in off a truck (our VINs are part of the last batch of LR RWD produced) and was put in the holding lot because it wasn't sold. Only about a month different between my manufacture date and my delivery...and I'm on the east coast.

• Informative
Reactions: pdp1 and Rarity
Interesting. Just checked the Order Agreement on my account and it says Purchase Agreement at the top of the doc, but everything else looks the same, including listing a RN and not a VIN. I swear it used to say Order Agreement at the top. o_O

It's always said Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (also known as the MVPA) despite the doc calling it an "Order Agreement).

Reactions: gecko10x
@rawmean you have a Red/Black configuration too, right? Trying to make sense of why I would have gotten the Monday text, but not the one tonight, although I feel like it may be a lost cause trying to find the logic in it.
I have a red/black configuration as well. Ordered 10/18, located in Santa Barbara, CA. I received the first text but not the second.

I optimistically think that people who received the first text are generally going to be getting their cars sooner than people who got the second text.

Reactions: f8K37Sq31
Just checked my account and saw my VIN and Delivery Date for 12/13! Ordered MSM B&W Interior, Aeros on 10/21 in San Diego. Did not receive any text or email before checking my account. So happy I've been in the habit of checking every day. Have faith my white interior California fellows. It is coming your way soon! Best of luck to all and thank you everyone for all the updates.

Reactions: Cyclone
I have a "vehicle buyer's check" from my credit union, which is a paper check. The way this works is that I write the check to Tesla with the VIN# and amount on it, and when it hits the CU, the loan will start.

Question: When you get the email for "full payment ", has anyone here paid with such a "vehicle buyer's check" ? If so, I want to know if this can be done online, or should I mail the check.

Can I ask how many miles you had on the car when you picked up? I also switched to a LR recently, exact same configuration as yours and was wondering if these (supposedly) last few MSM LR RWD are previously rejected deliveries or not. Thanks!

The car had 11 miles on it. I was worried too that someone had rejected the car, but I could find nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: pdp1
Guys... I need words of inspiration and some love from Tesla. I am starting to get very impatient with the lack of communication.
Just recieved one text ("Monday text") and thats about it!

So I’m worried now by the fact that I didn’t get the text.

Seems everyone in Chicago is getting a delivery text from yesterday but crickets for me.. :(

Mine Blue Exterior & White Interior