Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding trade-in:
I've uploaded info of the car as instructed, but on my Tesla account page only the VIN for the trade-in shows up and not even the color of the car. I never heard from Tesla about the trade-in. I see a price for the trade-in which is lower than the minimum on the KB.

Is it normal that no other Information than the VIN for the trade-in is shown on my Tesla page?

For anyone that has gotten the estimated date range texts yesterday, has anyone from Tesla reached out to you? Just curious as to how long that will take. My range of time from today is 7-12 days. I would think they would reach out at least 5 days ahead of time. I see a lot of people mention a lot of acronyms of names (DS, OA, etc) that I'm not actually sure what the process is.

Of course, mine may get a little delayed due to weather. We are actually getting snow in North Carolina in December......

I spoke to my DA this morning (yes, you have to call them every time to check the status, they never call you) and she told me I have a VIN assigned to my order. I still cannot see it online but she emailed that to me. I am happy my order will be ready by 12/14 and they can do home delivery on 12/16 (Sunday).

Quick Question for all:

Should I opt for home delivery or go to the dealer to pick it up? Any benefits of picking it up from the dealer myself?

I had the Monday:
While we prepare your Tesla, please complete all Checkout items at www.tesla.com/teslaaccount to be prepared to take delivery when your Tesla is ready.

Yesterday:
Update on your delivery timing: We expect your Model 3 to be ready between 12/9-12/13. A Tesla rep will reach out when it is time to schedule your appointment.

Today!!!!:
This is Drew at Tesla letting you know your Tesla Model 3 is now scheduled for delivery on 12/13/18 at 3pm at our San Francisco-Van Ness location. To prepare for your delivery, please complete your account profile at www.tesla.com/teslaaccount. Please reply YES to confirm or reply with any scheduling concerns. Thank you.

I ordered before 11/30 cutoff and I am patiently waiting for my assigned VIN and delivery date. I am not getting nervous yet but am hopefully I will get this info in the next few days. I live in south Florida so will get alittle worried in probably a week if I don’t hear anything. I am giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt that they will deliver on the promise with end of year deliveries if you order by 11/30 regardless of location (east coast/west coast).

Anyone in same boat as me, still no VIN assigned or delivery date?