Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my delivery text on Sunday and it was scheduled for Dec 12th in San Diego. Account didn’t show a VIN and i could still edit design.

Since i couldn’t make the delivery window that they scheduled, I called the 888 number and they said that the text was sent out by mistake and that they were still waiting to assign me a car and would reach out when they had a match. My delivery date had been removed from the website since. The DA I spoke with sounded like the accidental text went out to alot of people. Might want to call and check if you were scheduled for delivery and dont see a VIN or any other update on your page.

10/19 order, Blk/Blk, Aero, No EAP, San Diego

I am on the phone with tesla now waiting to get patched to a live person on the other end. I feel like I will be getting the same explanation. Delivery text sent out in error. I live in FL, dont know how it will be here by this thursday.

Nov change from LR to MR. MSM/Blk, Aero, No EAP, South Florida

Last edited:
I contacted my local delivery center and the person who helped me said that it's odd that I received a delivery date prior to being assigned a VIN number. I also requested delivery center pickup and not home delivery, because the text I received as well as my account page shows home delivery. The person said that she'll leave a message with my DA and the DA's manager. This is all very confusing, IMHO. I am assuming I'll sit tight until I get a call from my DA. What worries me is that my credit union pre-approval loan letter expires this Saturday.

Can I ask how many miles you had on the car when you picked up? I also switched to a LR recently, exact same configuration as yours and was wondering if these (supposedly) last few MSM LR RWD are previously rejected deliveries or not. Thanks!

I changed my order to LR-RWD from MR and there were 6 miles on the odometer when I took delivery, even though the agreement said 50. I checked the panel to see when the car was made, it said 11/18.

Just picked up my LR RWD today. Drives great ! No extra perks that I can tell but I did get a model 3 license plate holder, I think the same one they sell in the online store . Not sure if that’s standard (I assume so)

Thanks for the information. I supposed to take my LR RWD delivery today (Got my VIN and updated MVOA got the text too) but No DA havent reached out to me yet.. Well back to the "wait time"

I contacted my local delivery center and the person who helped me said that it's odd that I received a delivery date prior to being assigned a VIN number. I also requested delivery center pickup and not home delivery, because the text I received as well as my account page shows home delivery. The person said that she'll leave a message with my DA and the DA's manager. This is all very confusing, IMHO. I am assuming I'll sit tight until I get a call from my DA. What worries me is that my credit union pre-approval loan letter expires this Saturday.
Thx for this post. I did the same and was told the same. But I'm making them hold that delivery date and did screenshot. If they slip then we will have a nice conversation.

Contacted one of the service centers here in SoCal to request changing from home delivery to service center pick-up. Luckily, I wasn't told that the delivery text we received was a mistake, but they did confirm that we don't have a VIN assigned to us yet. Because of that, we had to keep the same day as our delivery since it's more of an anticipated date really. At least we were able to change it to the service center and they said that they'll reach out to us if we end up being able to pick it up sooner.

Guess we'll see what happens when the 19th gets a little closer!

I'm confused. If you had a delivery appointment, why would you not show up? I would not expect someone to "reach out" if I had an appointment.

I reached out my OA to get an update and he suggest to wait for the DA to give a call. The DA will then schedule the "actual" delivery time I suppose. The text message that I got for delivery is an automated one and can change!

• Informative
Reactions: gecko10x
I guess that makes sense. There is a disclaimer right below the delivery appointment suggesting this....
upload_2018-12-10_12-55-58.png

I honestly think the initial delivery appointment is when the car will be produced...

I am on the phone with tesla now waiting to get patched to a live person on the other end. I feel like I will be getting the same explanation. Delivery text sent out in error. I live in FL, dont know how it will be here by this thursday.

Nov change from LR to MR. MSM/Blk, Aero, No EAP, South Florida

I changed to a MR also and I was originally matched to a LR and assigned a delivery by mistake which had to be removed. They appear to have matched me correctly now but I’m still not 100% confident until I have a VIN and sign for the car. My point is their system could use some fine tuning.

Got the text yesterday with 12/16 delivery at a time that would not work. Called the 888 number this AM. Was told wait time was over 1 hour. Ended up only being 38 mins.

Was initially told that it appeared that my appointment was one of the accidental ones because I had no VIN assigned. Then he looked a little more and said that I was part of a new program "Direct from Factory Delivery" and that for that program I would not get a VIN until 48 hours ahead of delivery. He said the for this program my car is delivered directly off the production line without going to an intermediary hub.

Reactions: AZEVOWNER
I'm hoping this is true.

Ordered 10/24/2018
No reservation
No previous Tesla ownership
MR/RWD
MSM/Black
18" Aero Wheels
EAP

Haven't heard anything since 10/24 :( but hopefully the Southern California people will all get good news soon ;)

I had a delivery pickup today and to my big disappointment, CAR had a big scratch. Delivery rejected. Also paint had bubble and trim had blue paint on that.

I had a VIN and pickup planned for 12/10 which is today.

CAR has a 6 inch scratch on the panel on the driver side apart from blue paint on the plastic trim.

DA were unable to fix that so delivery rejected.

That sucks.

I do not think there's any reason I will reject delivery this close to EOY... I think I'd rather have their promise to fix at a later date than potentially miss half the tax credit.

Reactions: Olds442