Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Midnight silver metallic on the model x??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I look forward to adding another gray to the stable

Attachments

• 20140525_094519.jpg
    20140525_094519.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 709
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    907 KB · Views: 667
I have a midnight silver/gunmetal grey model S. I really like the color as it has a pretty significant density of blue metallic flecks which enhance its appearance in strong sunlight, though still appears very dark when in shade.

Like all darker colors, it does show dirt easily and suffers from seemingly continuous (PacNW) road spray. I strongly recommend a paint armour, minimally a ph-neutral hydrophobic coating (eg opticoat pro) or Xpel Ultimate (or, ahem, both ;-)); this will minimize potential for the dreaded paint swirls. I'm definitely more paranoid than most, though paint swirls were noticeable on this color on delivery and required correction - so check before leaving and note it.

I was debating between Midnight Silver Metallic and Titanium - ended up going with the Midnight Silver. I saw them both in person on Model S cars. It's annoying because the different curves of the car will make the colors look different, so seeing the colors on the S is not the same as the X. I really liked the Titanium in some pictures, but it looked like a sad, drab, olive green on a cloudy day when I saw it in person. Would probably look better on a sunny day. Anyway, I went with the Midnight Silver because I didn't want my car to look so sad when it was cloudy.

I was debating between Midnight Silver Metallic and Titanium - ended up going with the Midnight Silver. I saw them both in person on Model S cars. It's annoying because the different curves of the car will make the colors look different, so seeing the colors on the S is not the same as the X. I really liked the Titanium in some pictures, but it looked like a sad, drab, olive green on a cloudy day when I saw it in person. Would probably look better on a sunny day. Anyway, I went with the Midnight Silver because I didn't want my car to look so sad when it was cloudy.
I have debated between the two colors as well, so since I am in sunny San Diego, Titanium should be a lovely choice - yes? :)
I think it shows the design lines better than Metallic Grey and hides dirt as well. I plan to get the wheels powder coated to a matte black finish.

I have debated between the two colors as well, so since I am in sunny San Diego, Titanium should be a lovely choice - yes? :)
I think it shows the design lines better than Metallic Grey and hides dirt as well. I plan to get the wheels powder coated to a matte black finish.

I definitely think Titanium will hide dirt better! And being in a sunny environment, I think it will look awesome. It looks like a nice subtle metallic gold in the sun.

For some reason I'm having last minute doubts on my color choice even though I already have a vin and it's probably too late. Does anybody have any good pictures of a model x in midnight silver? Anybody see it in person? Thoughts? Thx.

Picked mine up today! Here's the midnight silver metallic with white interior

Attachments

• IMG_9775.JPG
    IMG_9775.JPG
    684.5 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_9779.JPG
    IMG_9779.JPG
    683.1 KB · Views: 1,130
after ordering on dec 2012, we finally got the car.
p90d with all options except wheels. yes we should have ordered the signature.
we love it. it's rolling art.

Attachments

• IMG_6746.JPG
    IMG_6746.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_6745.JPG
    IMG_6745.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 472
Reactions: hdnyc
I have a Midnight Silver | Black Leather | Glossy Obeche on order but recently decided to change from the 7-seat to 6-seat after reading Elon's tweet and seeing it in person. Since I'm going to be paying a change fee anyway, I thought it was worth taking another look at my other selections.

I stumbled upon these photos of the Midnight Silver with White interior and they look beautiful. I was initially concerned having white with 3 kids (all under 4) but other threads seem to indicate they are not a problem. I'm still on the fence though.

Anyone advice from others debating this color combo? What interior trim do you recommend with the white?