Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

Minnesota desired SuperCharger locations (General location)

• Minneapolis/St. Paul

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Rochester

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Duluth

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • St. Cloud

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Mankato

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Winona

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Bemidji

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Brainerd

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Fargo (ND)

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe someone commented on this on Facebook, but I don't think it's been mentioned here. Half of the spaces are "vehicle charging only" & half say "30 minute general parking".

And one space was ICEd last night...

Which begs the questions, is it technically ICE'ing if you are in full compliance with the posted signs? I.E. 30 minute General Parking? I am guessing this is something that Tesla and HyVee negotiated?

Which begs the questions, is it technically ICE'ing if you are in full compliance with the posted signs? I.E. 30 minute General Parking? I am guessing this is something that Tesla and HyVee negotiated?
That's true. I've heard that other Superchargers have similar signage. Does anyone know how the negotiations work between Tesla & the property owner regarding parking signage like we see at Hy-vee in Oakdale?

That's true. I've heard that other Superchargers have similar signage. Does anyone know how the negotiations work between Tesla & the property owner regarding parking signage like we see at Hy-vee in Oakdale?
From what I can gather from other posts, signage can vary not only with property owner agreements but also with local or state regulations. Considerations can include general parking access, handicap parking access, and, in some jurisdictions, regulations aimed at ICEing.

I noticed that emupilot's first post on the Arlington, TX SC thread has a link to the city council agenda. Buried therein is the agreement between the city and Tesla. It contains specific language pertaining both to prevention of ICEing and to ticketing, not only of ICE vehicles but also any Tesla vehicles staying longer than two hours! That's particularly appropriate in that stadium neighborhood. I suspect the financial incentive of the ticketing option could even result in enforcement.;)

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear
image_zpswdva3w9w.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpswvdf0fdk.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG] Stopped by on the way to MSP from N. WI, looks ready to go. I was not in my car (didn't want to risk it not being live). Anybody local that can verify operation? BTW, 3 of the 7 electric charging spots were available on level 8 @ terminal 1

I do loooove seeing that meter. Even more, I love seeing those numbers on the charging stations. Those decals are applied by the Tesla techs who drive in to certify and activate the site. (See today's post #121 on the Eureka, CA thread.) Thanks!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: MarkoC
I just came across a permit, with a description of, "Tesla" and a project of "Work on Charging Station" for Clearwater Travel Plaza. The inspection fee is like $250. This would be a nice Supercharger site, 24/7 food, bathrooms, lounge area, and is on 94. This site would only be about 70 miles west of the Oakdale SC.

I can't tell if this is just some 30 amp J1772s, a Supercharger, or something in between. The inspection fee seems pretty high so ?????!!!

Thoughts?

Whatever it is, thanks to Clearwater Travel Plaza for supporting EV travel.

Here is a link to the permit

Edit: I did just check Tesla's SC map page and they do show two SC's between MSP/Oakdale and Fargo, 250 miles. That makes 80ish mile spacing about even for each leg. I'm getting more optimistic this permit is for a SC!

Last edited: