Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

Minnesota desired SuperCharger locations (General location)

• Minneapolis/St. Paul

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Rochester

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Duluth

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • St. Cloud

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Mankato

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Winona

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Bemidji

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Brainerd

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Fargo (ND)

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 18 24.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this may just be a place-holder, but I saw that there's a Tesla logo on the way-finding pylons in the signage overview for the new Minnesota United stadium in St. Paul. Perhaps this will be a urban supercharger location?

see pages 18/19:
https://i.imgur.com/g6dmEyz.jpg

I would assume this means Tesla HPWCs. Practically a Supercharger would not make sense at a 2-3 hour sporting event since owners would have to move their car after it is fully charged (within an hour or so).

So this may just be a place-holder, but I saw that there's a Tesla logo on the way-finding pylons in the signage overview for the new Minnesota United stadium in St. Paul. Perhaps this will be a urban supercharger location?

see pages 18/19:
https://i.imgur.com/g6dmEyz.jpg

I love the way there are millions of eyeballs scouting every possible document. This one is even more incredible as it is in a graphic format and wouldn't show up on a text search for "Tesla"!

Reactions: lightfoot3b
I just came across a radio story about a Chademo/L2 going into Grand Marais and now I see a Chademo/L2 is already online in Lutsen! I don't know if that means the Grand Marais station was replaced or is in addition to the Lutsen installation. I remember in 2014 from Duluth to Thunder Bay was a desert, now there are chargers all over the place, and good ones too.

The Plugshare listing does not say too much about the Lutsen installation. The Chademo unit looks physically small, does anybody know if that means it is not too powerful?

I'm excited!

Electric vehicle charging coming to Grand Marais

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I just came across a radio story about a Chademo/L2 going into Grand Marais and now I see a Chademo/L2 is already online in Lutsen! I don't know if that means the Grand Marais station was replaced or is in addition to the Lutsen installation. I remember in 2014 from Duluth to Thunder Bay was a desert, now there are chargers all over the place, and good ones too.

The Plugshare listing does not say too much about the Lutsen installation. The Chademo unit looks physically small, does anybody know if that means it is not too powerful?

I'm excited!

Electric vehicle charging coming to Grand Marais

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
Looks like 25kw DCQC per Facebook page:
ZEF Energy

Travel plaza. That may be our first V3 and/or semi charging stations
Edit: can’t be for the semi due to the small survey area.

It's a good spot, I charge in Albert Lea a couple times a week. I'm kinda surprised that #2 in Albert Lea went before a #2 in the Twin Cities. I've only run into congestion in Albert Lea once although it might be the most unreliable location in MN.

Have you seen a sample layout for a SC that supports semi?

Anybody know of any movement in the Bemidji/Mahnomen area? traveling to visit family, it's nice to have the Baxter supercharger but once I get up toward Bemidji, it's L2 public charging or my family's outlet in the garage. It'd be great to have something that tops off quick in the greater lakes area.

I am also hoping desperately for a Supercharger or other fast CCS option in the Bemidji area so that I can travel to the Roseau or Warroad area safely. I make the trip every other week usually after work. Temps often -20F over night during the drive in winter. The 50kw in Bemidji is better than nothing but not much help when you need to charge to 100% in a reasonable time in order to safely make it to the top of the state in winter. The Tesla route planner states to drive up around through the state of Michigan and through Canada to Winnipeg and back down to the border area of MN which is a bit of a joke. I've got a dual motor Cybertruck on order and I'm gambling for an improvement in charging options though the state over the next few years to make it safer to travel in winter vs getting the tri-motor 500 mile option. It is a shame they are putting 50 KW chargers and chademo vs. CSS for the first phase of the VW money supported chargers in MN. Again, better than nothing but out of date by the time they get installed in my opinion. Maybe the second phase that will include areas like Bemidji, Detroit Lakes, Theif River Falls etc, will get updated CCS chargers with a bit more charging power to handle all the EV cars coming out in the near future that will support higher charge rates. I'll note that when the Grand Forks ND SC goes on line at least I should be able to make the trip although adding quite a bit of distance and time to the trip.

There's already a CHAdeMO in Grand Forks, so there's that. And if you're going to go through Canada, you might as well go up the North Shore and hit the Transcanada in Thunder Bay, but that's still ridiculous.

I traveled up to Winnipeg and back last February. The temps were in the high 20s, so not a deep freeze by any stretch, but Roseau to Bemidji wasn't an issue. Also, check PlugShare for the 14-50 installation in Roseau. It's right in front of the community center there. It's a pretty great place to charge for northern Minnesota.

There's already a CHAdeMO in Grand Forks, so there's that. And if you're going to go through Canada, you might as well go up the North Shore and hit the Transcanada in Thunder Bay, but that's still ridiculous.

I traveled up to Winnipeg and back last February. The temps were in the high 20s, so not a deep freeze by any stretch, but Roseau to Bemidji wasn't an issue. Also, check PlugShare for the 14-50 installation in Roseau. It's right in front of the community center there. It's a pretty great place to charge for northern Minnesota.

Thanks for the tip on the Grand Forks CHAdeMO charger and Roseau 14-50's. Looks to be a 62.5kw at Wendy's according to Plugshare. Good to hear no issues in winter at 20s from Roseau to Bemidji, maybe I'm over thinking the cold weather range for that segment due to the Tesla planner not showing an option unless you have the long range S.