Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor Accident (Dashcam Video)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bumpers should have absorbed it all .. maybe some paint rubbed off or scratched.

I did a through checking before allowing the lady to leave and didn't see any damages. Though the car is dirty from my multiple SF road trips this month, so I won't really know until the car gets washed.

Should I notify my insurance? I don't want my premiums to go up, never gotten into an accident or a ticket. I am paying $600 a year to insure my X. I want to keep it that way.

She looked like she would have just driven off if you hadn't honked to let her know you were in the car. Nice!

Thats what they do in SF, and her rear bumper was already filled with dings. She didn't even bother to check her own car.

I did a through checking before allowing the lady to leave and didn't see any damages. Though the car is dirty from my multiple SF road trips this month, so I won't really know until the car gets washed.

Should I notify my insurance? I don't want my premiums to go up, never gotten into an accident or a ticket. I am paying $600 a year to insure my X. I want to keep it that way.

Thats what they do in SF, and her rear bumper was already filled with dings. She didn't even bother to check her own car.

Don't forget, you have to file a SR-1 if there's an excess of $1000 of property damage regardless of fault, so your insurance company will see. And at Tesla labor rates, for someone to go look at your car and make that *cringe* face will probably run a $1000 bill :D

• Funny
Reactions: K-MTG
Don't forget, you have to file a SR-1 if there's an excess of $1000 of property damage regardless of fault, so your insurance company will see. And at Tesla labor rates, for someone to go look at your car and make that *cringe* face will probably run a $1000 bill :D

Will confirm the lack of damage when I come home but I don't see anything. I guess the Tesla is stronger than I expected.

Oh, I dunno about this. Your X was not expecting to be knocked around like that. Your X may be traumatized from the incident.
I'd take it in to a car therapist and let it have a couple of sessions. Did you get health insurance for your X to cover such events?

Makes me think about my S now too. Hmm, need to call USAA and discuss it with them. Thanks for this thread.

• Funny
Reactions: K-MTG
yea its 600 something, but they have a 70D listen on my policy even though I told them 90D. The X 70D was never made

Do you mind sharing your insurance carrier here or over PM? I would switch companies if the coverage is the same as what I have.

I'm at 1400 or so to get:

500k Liability
100k Property Damage
100k Uninsured Motorist
300k Bodily Injury

Collision Deductible - $1000
Comprehensive - $250

GAP Coverage
Full Safety Glass Coverage

Discounts are great except when it comes to "under insurance" for vehicles.

Do you mind sharing your insurance carrier here or over PM? I would switch companies if the coverage is the same as what I have.

I'm at 1400 or so to get:

500k Liability
100k Property Damage
100k Uninsured Motorist
300k Bodily Injury

Collision Deductible - $1000
Comprehensive - $250

GAP Coverage
Full Safety Glass Coverage

Discounts are great except when it comes to "under insurance" for vehicles.

QBE Unigard Insurance Company

I attached a screenshot from my policy.

Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 10.20.16 PM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100