TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mirrors Interior and Exterior

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by vfx, Aug 24, 2009.

1. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S->X->M3-->R2020?

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I love my multivex mirrors - the blind spot is virtually eliminated.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

+1!

+ another 1! so I get five characters!

4. FusionCO

FusionCO Member

Multivex is shutting down and cancelled my order of their mirrors. Any idea where I can get Aspheric mirrors like these for the Roadster? Aspheric Mirror:porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn</title>
    <base href="http://www.suncoastparts.com/mm5/">
    <title>Suncoast Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - 2011 Cayenne Accessories & Tequipment, Cayman, Boxster, Panamera, Carrera 997

I always adjust my mirrors so that when I lean against the window I can only see the side of the car and the same for when I lean into the middle the passenger mirror is adjusted to see the passenger side of the car when leaning into the middle of the car.

Thanks

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

#85 dsm363, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
  6. sprediletto

sprediletto Member

I bought a set last July and never used them. Email me and I'll send you a picture: [email protected]

7. FusionCO

FusionCO Member

Thanks. I wish someone made the aspheric ones as I have had those on an Audi and Porsche and love them.

8. FusionCO

FusionCO Member

Thanks I sent you an email.

9. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I found the medium round convex mirrors work well. I tried the smaller ones on my previous car and honestly you can't make out any of the car images nor get perspective of whats behind you. I found mounting them in the lower left corner didn't take up any useful real estate since that part of the mirror was showing the side of the Tesla and not the road or objects around me. The round style also blends in with the roadsters design well [ round tail lights, head lights, etc. ]

IMG_5057.JPG

10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Thats a bummer that Multivex is no more. I really want some of those mirros. Anyone find another source?

11. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

12. ecarfan

Wow, thanks, I like the look of those. The web page seems to indicate they won't be available for several weeks.

Has anyone ordered them?

13. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I think that's an old message with 4 weeks turnaround... People on the Lotus Forum have been using them hence where I came across them and these pics. The blue coating is the anti-glare which is extra.

14. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this. The Roadster blind spot on the driver's side really bugs me. I can't see over the rear "wing" so to speak. I'm going to give these a shot.

15. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

Ordered last night and got a shipping notification today. Will see how it works. Thanks again for posting, wiztecy!

16. ecarfan

I have now installed the ExtendView mirrors from Really Light Stuff. They are outstanding! I highly recommend them, and with the Multivex mirrors no longer available it seems like these are the best choice out there. ExtendViewâ„¢ Side Mirrors | Really Light Stuff

17. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

I really have to see one of these installed personally, I don't think there's enough bend and also think the bend on them are in the wrong place. I still like my convex mirrors on the inside location. As I go to pass I look in the far end for the cars/obstructions then pan in, in panning in I look at the convex for any last chance of an object moving then look forward. Where the convex mirror is placed for me is where the body of the Roadster is, vent, side, etc. No Road. I wouldn't go any smaller on this convex, you don't get enough warning. I have small ones on my motorcycle and have used smaller on cars. You don't get enough of a warning on a moving object. You need to focus your eyes more.

The blue anti-glare is sweet however, I constantly get blinded by trucks since their up higher and hit my drivers mirror just perfect to send the direct beam right into my eye.