Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Charger no longer included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon really should have said that I'm removing the chargers so that I can get your orders filled faster due to the supply chain issues. People would be cheering.

I feel bad for them with the flood of youtubers panicking the masses and the forums I'm sure that they're getting hammered.
All of which could have been avoided with better and more clear communication. Don’t think I would blame ilYouTube and the social media for failure to communicate effectively

Like I said most come with a Level 1 at least. A few come with a level 1 and 2 capable unit depending on included adapters.

Tesla was a level 1 unit and level 2 capable with OPTIONAL adapter.
actually many are like that. people found out on the prius prime forums that you could plug the 120V charger into a 240V if you just got a plug adapter ($30) They make these cables for Europe as well which uses 240V.

Elon really should have said that I'm removing the chargers so that I can get your orders filled faster due to the supply chain issues. People would be cheering.

I feel bad for them with the flood of youtubers panicking the masses and the forums I'm sure that they're getting hammered.
That's the problem with making policy via twitter instead of, god forbid, come to a decision with your team, whom you've hired and pay good money to.

Why don’t people just wait until they get their order and see if they get it. There’s so much speculation and people crying about this. They increased the price by 3000 dollars and people still ordered them, myself included. I spent 70k on a MYP I think I can manage getting A wall charger in my garage. There’s far too many people whining about this mobile charger. 18 pages and counting haha

It’s not being cheap, those of us with existing orders purchased the car and it was advertised to come with a mobile connector. Terrible customer service to not honor that. For new orders, fine make it clear it isn’t included.
Who has stated that they got their recent order without it? No one. Yet people want to complain. I wish I had gotten paid to read this thread lol I would have had enough money to buy a mobile charger. I have an existing order that comes may/June. I hope I get it but don’t know if I will. Only thing I’ll say is that Tesla should have worded it better.

• Funny
Reactions: Aviateur17
All of which could have been avoided with better and more clear communication. Don’t think I would blame ilYouTube and the social media for failure to communicate effectively
The only communication breakdown was on here :) everyone is still getting exactly what was listed on the site. And people will still get what's listed on the site after they remove the charger.

Why don’t people just wait until they get their order and see if they get it. There’s so much speculation and people crying about this. They increased the price by 3000 dollars and people still ordered them, myself included. I spent 70k on a MYP I think I can manage getting A wall charger in my garage. There’s far too many people whining about this mobile charger. 18 pages and counting haha
I think it has to do with not knowing.
I had my garage wired with a 14-50 outlet, as I was going to use the included charger as my primary home charger. I even purchased the 14-50 adapter for it from Tesla. When I heard that I may not get the mobile charger, it bothered me because I didn't know if I would be able to charge at home for a bit.
So, I bought a charging station today. At least I'm covered now, regardless of what happens.

Reactions: goitsme48
Messaging is unclear. Says orders after April 17th and then says will continue to deliver over the next several weeks. We all know it’s not several weeks for an order but several months.
1650326009773.png

In FL. $450 for NEMA 14-50 in garage installed near electrical box by licensed electrician. $275 for Connector Kit. My Tesla included the connector kit but even without it, not too bad.
I paid $4k my garage is 100' from the house and needed a 100 amp sub panel because I only had cloth 2 wire with fuses in the garage :( I'll make that back in 8 years of gas savings ha

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
I think it has to do with not knowing.
I had my garage wired with a 14-50 outlet, as I was going to use the included charger as my primary home charger. I even purchased the 14-50 adapter for it from Tesla. When I heard that I may not get the mobile charger, it bothered me because I didn't know if I would be able to charge at home for a bit.
So, I bought a charging station today. At least I'm covered now, regardless of what happens.
I guess I don’t see the reason why some will go through the trouble of wiring the 14-50 outlet and put a breaker in for it when they can just run a heavier line and do the wall charger. It’s not a lot more labor to run a heavier line. I’m a contractor and I’ll have my electrician do mine. I opted to put a 100 amp sub panel in the garage and then run 4/3 copper to the wall charger. #1 SER is less money to buy than copper and that’s code for 100 amp sub panel. That way I am not running 60’ of copper from my panel.
I paid $4k my garage is 100' from the house and needed a 100 amp sub panel because I only had cloth 2 wire with fuses in the garage :( I'll make that back in 8 years of gas savings ha
As a contractor, you really paid a lot for that. I’m running 60’ to my garage with 100amp sub panel and a shorter section of 4/3 copper to the wall charge and it won’t even be anywhere close to what you paid. Was yours underground in conduit?

I guess I don’t see the reason why some will go through the trouble of wiring the 14-50 outlet and put a breaker in for it when they can just run a heavier line and do the wall charger. It’s not a lot more labor to run a heavier line. I’m a contractor and I’ll have my electrician do mine. I opted to put a 100 amp sub panel in the garage and then run 4/3 copper to the wall charger. #1 SER is less money to buy than copper and that’s code for 100 amp sub panel. That way I am not running 60’ of copper from my panel.

As a contractor, you really paid a lot for that. I’m running 60’ to my garage with 100amp sub panel and a shorter section of 4/3 copper to the wall charge and it won’t even be anywhere close to what you paid. Was yours underground in conduit?
Really my neighbor paid 8k. Thought 4k underground also 200' total since my panel was in the front of the house and garage is 100' in the back + wiring two chargers on either side of the garage and the panel.