Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My phone is old but it serves me as unlike most others I use it for making calls (about 2 a week) and taking the occasional photo . . . . . (what are those people sat in the waiting room doing eyes glued to their phones; what are they looking at / doing?) When I had the test drive it was made clear to me that I would be doing it (the many it's) on my phone - do I need a new phone?
We appear to have an entire thread discussing this issue without any knowledge of the phone in question! What model of phone do you have? How old is old?

New Features
Access is via a RFID card or smartphone to start the Tesla phone up each time you want to use it.
It self-recharges via voice but not until it's warmed up from 20 minutes of usage.
Recharge time is reduced if you program it's nav towards a Tesla USB outlet/
At night the screen auto-dims whenever you are near another phone or wireless internet link. The screen will not light up for 3 seconds after you are clear.
The self-cleaning screen system will improve - accept this is beta software.
Processing speed may drop suddenly and erratically in proximity to other phones.
The UNIX-Tesla operating system will allow access to Tesla Ap Store, TesFlix, Tesazon shopping.
Early adopters will have a unique referral code with the chance for discounted single fares to Mars.
Prices will start in the low $2K with free connectivity for 1 month and then only $199 per month (plus local taxes).
The system security can record local movement and all you calls and activities with a 1 hour overwrite but can drain the battery.
Remote self answering and calling systems promised by end 2022

The Tesla phone is coming. End of the year according to Elon.
It's a pretty natural progression from Starlink and probably initiated as a result of Apple working on a car and nicking Elon's personnel.
He can now hire Apple people to produce his phone.

I look forward to its many innovative features...

It wont have a dialler at all, because the AI will determine who you want to phone and when
It wont have a volume switch, because it'll use a camera (for some reason) to determine ambient sound and adjust volume accordingly
It wont have a keypad, but will use seamless voice recognition to replace tie pin
It'll be rated for a day's battery life but only last 5 hours (to be fair, this is industry standard)

EDIT - @pgkevet 's are much better but I hadnt scrolled down far enough when I started to reply...

• Funny
Reactions: Alex987854