Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 2013 with 100,000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
Thinking about buying a model s P85 used (not CPO).. it has 100k miles no warranty except battery and motor til 2021.. anyone know of anyone with over 100k on a model s ? Any issues ?
Thanks for any help

well ask the owner if the Drive unit has been replaced, i would bet it has... hopefully with the latest and greatest. I believe its DU04. the main issues mechanically for older Model s are the Drive units as mentioned and the half shafts, drive axels. My 2013 is on its 3rd drive unit and i have had the half shafts replaced along with most of the steering/ front suspension.

Wow that really does have some miles the drive unit was replaced at 80k ...not sure if any front end work was done ..was your front end work out of pocket ? I don’t like the model 3 inside ..that horizontal screen just doesn’t do it for me

Funny. I'm also looking at a used Model S P85 non CPO with over 120,000 miles

Going to check it out in person tomorrow. Based on the pictures I've seen of it, the condition is immaculate. Looks like the previous owner took extremely good care of it

I'll have to find out what has and hasn't been replaced

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
3pkMaKw.jpg

Went to check it out today. It has a clean title. I requested to see its Tesla service record

But just as described very great quality inside and out for a car with 100k+ miles. The grey interior with carbon fiber is pretty amazing. And the car drove great. No rattles. Super smooth. New tires so that's probably why

Only negative was the interior cabin which smelled like cigarette smoke. That was quite off putting

Reactions: Seven7
My Model S 85 has 181k miles on it. Very very few issues. In the beginning the drive units were replaced many times but they got the issues fixed and the one I have now has been in there for 100k miles and will probably last 'forever'. Battery degradation is at 10%. Performace has not suffered since new. Overall the car is holding up really well. EV hold up much better than gas cars so buying a high mileage EV is less of a gamble and a better value. The only repairs I had was a valve for $300, light bulbs, a small piece in the charge port, some small rattles inside. Based on the experience with my Model S I would have no hesitation buying a high mileage Tesla.

WOW ...great info guys thank you very much for your help ...like the silver the smoke smell is a downer

Ya, I looked up how to get rid of cigarette smoke in a car and apparently there's many ways. If I am to get this I would want to know for sure that this smell can be completely eradicated. Car is in such great condition inside and out. Just the smell is bad

It also has 243 miles on a 100% charge which is pretty good. Drive unit was replaced 6k miles ago.

Have you seen the car you're looking at in person yet?

Smoke doesn’t just smell bad, it is god awful for electronics (don’t make describe the inside of a computer from a smokers house, those were the absolute most disgusting things to repair).

I honestly think that smoke in a Tesla is a dealbreaker. If you’re not convinced, then I would set aside the 3k to replace the MCU in a rainy day fund.

I have had coworkers buy used cars that have been smoked in. You cannot get rid of cig smoke smell. You can minimize it, but every now and then it will hit you in the face. It sinks into the plastics and foam behind the fabrics. Some days you’ll leave the car and you will bring that smell with you into your house or office. That said, if you can drive with the windows down or roof open, fairly often, it can be tolerable. Personally, I’m very sensitive to cig smoke and couldn’t do it.

Reactions: Electroman