Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. I guess I got lucky. I went to the service center before my Model 3 came in and picked up the Model S center caps and lug nut covers. It was supposed to be $28 but there was a problem on the receipt they were trying to fix which was taking some time so they told me to forget it and gave them to me for free. I did have to order the puller though for $8. I'll take it.

• Love
Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
I understand that this is capitalism and Tesla can do this ... It is just another example of poor optics and pissing a bunch of brand new customers off! Just like with supercharger rates, it appears greedy to double the price overnight. It's far more palpable to increase 25% over the course of a few months....

Somebody should try ordering just the caps at a service center and see if the $28 price has jumped too. That may be an easy solution to the web price... I did wonder why I was so driven to get the kit when I don't have a car yet.

-Randy

You can find lug nuts for $10 on ebay that appear to fit. The center caps are more tricky, are they Tesla logo stickers or are they actually laser etched in? Dont think $80 for small pieces of plastic is a reasonable price and I'm disappointed in this sudden price increase. Would be feeling better if they were aluminum or more premium metal caps.

19mm Black Lug Nut Covers 20pc Set for Auto Car Wheel Rim Tire Bolt Center Caps 840345104076 | eBay

I looked at the site and filled in the car info and got this:

/!\ This part is not compatible with 2018 Tesla 3 Long Range Sedan 4-Door ELECTRIC.

The center caps are challenging because of the copyrighted logo me thinks....

Has anyone who is taking delivery asked their sales advisor to have the kit waiting for them when they pick up their car? I know people have been asking for iPhone cables from their SA. I'll see what they say when I pick my car up this weekend.

-Randy

As mentioned a few posts back I called the parts department at my delivery location and asked them to order them for me. Hopefully should have them available to pickup when I take delivery on Thursday.

I started calling local Tesla SCs after noticing price increase, and luckily was able to score 1 kit for $35. He basically combined the lug covers and cap and made the kit for me. I am still waiting for VIN assignment but at least I have the aero kit for day 1.

Btw, there were 2 M3 in the backlot and were unlocked. It was great to seat and get the feeling of the car before actually getting it.

Attachments

• A4A0A10E-E159-4697-9284-F7C5329781AA.jpeg
    A4A0A10E-E159-4697-9284-F7C5329781AA.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 72
  • CB2CE2D4-52F7-4013-B147-353F03C98BB7.jpeg
    CB2CE2D4-52F7-4013-B147-353F03C98BB7.jpeg
    630.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 991D8C14-A348-40D1-A230-113AAA598819.jpeg
    991D8C14-A348-40D1-A230-113AAA598819.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 64
Btw, there were 2 M3 in the backlot and were unlocked. It was great to seat and get the feeling of the car before actually getting it.

Just because they were unlocked doesn’t mean you should have actually gone inside. Those are obviously customer cars. I wouldn’t want anyone but Tesla personnel in my car before I took delivery. Now, back to the thread topic.