Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Average Selling Price Predictions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope we will see it soon! I bet Fully Load less than 80K

Check again ... Tesla does price cars just like this :cool:View attachment 199708

Maxed out you're way low 75-85k will be more in range
Mercedes base C class 35-40k mass produced entry level BENZ Mercedes AMG version 80-85k
it's all relative as it's basically the same car

Agreed. Think of the Tesla pricing strategy this way ...
  • The maxed out $80K Model 3 is about half of a maxed out $167K Model S.:eek:
  • Same thing for the no options base Model 3 at $35K and the base Model S at $68K. :cool:

Last edited:
I agree with @FlatSix911. This is why I think Paul's pricing model is probably pretty accurate. It is not necessarily what some want to hear as they thought for $35k they were going to get a loaded car. No one ever promised this.

The reality is Tesla is a for-profit company not a non-profit charity organization. The only way it will be able to make a profit on an all electric small entry level luxury sedan which seats five and has a range of over 200 miles per charge and which cost less than $35k will be to keep it basic and charge for options. If Tesla doesn't make a profit on the Model 3 it can not stay in business.

People shouldn't even being comparing a Volt and Model 3. I am sure the Volt will be a nice car but it is an entry level compact car. The Model 3 is going to be a mid size luxury car. In addition, Chevrolet has not invested in a nationwide charging infrastructure like Tesla has.

The Model 3 is not for everyone and I am sure there will be those who cancel their Model 3 reservations and buy a Volt. This is not necessarily a bad thing as from a environmental standpoint there is still one less non-ICE automobile on the road.

Reactions: FlatSix911
One of the more interesting things I see on here is people's estimates for AWD. Currently it's $5k. Elon did say it would be less than that on the 3, but I interpreted that as $500 less or maybe $1k less. People on here are going down to nearly 50%!

They're still motors that will be similar to S motors! *sugar*'s expensive!

Reactions: ModelNforNerd