Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a super fast experiencing ordering my SR+ in Vancouver.

Sept 11 - placed $2500 deposit + applied for financing. Financing approved 30 mins later.

Sept 12 - received call from SA saying VIN has been assigned and vehicle is being loaded at the moment. Asked if I could come Sept 16. I asked to delay to the 18th for work purposes.

Overall really fast and pain free experience so far. Very happy.

Reactions: navguy12 and ejohan

Sept 11 - placed $2500 deposit + applied for financing. Financing approved 30 mins later.

Sept 12 - received call from SA saying VIN has been assigned and vehicle is being loaded at the moment. Asked if I could come Sept 16. I asked to delay to the 18th for work purposes.

that’s great to hear. You might have been very lucky. I had to wait 7 weeks for my LR AWD. Picking up today, too :)

Reactions: navguy12
Ordered my SR+, Black, White interior, Sport Wheels at Robson St, Vancouver.

Sept 14 - Ordered and placed $2500 Deposit
Sept 15 - Approved for financing

The advisor at Tesla said it would be 2-3 weeks for delivery so lets wait and see.

Also, can anyone answer if I will get the full $8000 rebate on the car given all the options I added to my SR+?

Need to voice my frustration although I mentioned it in the LR AWD waiting room already...

Got a text message to schedule delivery this morning, but it was in FRENCH. I was confused, clicked the link, and saw that it was scheduled to be delivered in Quebec. I live in Vancouver. Had to call the SC and ask what the hell is going on. They couldn't reroute that particular car to Vancouver because it was already half-way there, so now I have to wait again until another car becomes available.

What I find even more outrageous is that the SA texted me that there is one in stock but with 19" sports wheels and if I upgraded I could get it today. What an elaborate upselling strategy, I couldn't have thought of a better one myself! I told them to get me my car and not punish me for their mistake. I mean, couldn't they just change the wheels?

I don't know at what point between Fremont and BC cars get matched with clients but if the number and variety of cars are tightly matched with orders then I imagine this could now delay my delivery by a considerable amount of time.

I always tried to be apologetic for Tesla when I heard those stories but now I'm about to become "one of those delivery horror stories" myself... we will see.

... and last update. I picked my black/black LR AWD up today in Vancouver.

The person responsible for my delivery called me the day before and I told them that I would need half an hour to inspect the car. No problem, I was able to inspect inside and outside before accepting delivery.

I found two small paint issues, one of which could be fixed, the other one is a little white grain encased in the top layer, no idea how they will fix that.

One big issue was that one part of the back light was broken off, about a half-inch. Someone must have crashed something in it, or it happened during assembly and wasn't noticed in the QA process (how???) Anyway, they fixed it on the spot, replaced the light, and after 2.5 hours I was able to drive off.

Although that issue was concerning they handled it well and I'm so stoked!

Did you get the full $8000 rebate on it? I added all those options too on my SR+, concerned I wont qualify for rebate.

Yes I did. I would not worry. I believe there is enough in both funds until at least December.

My vehicle was as perfect as could be. No gap or paint issues. There was a little wax or residue between some of the panels but the was easy to remove. Very minor stuff and the red with white interior looks stunning. I would highly recommend purchasing the matte white interior console wrap from Nikola Pro. I added this and it is a perfect match to the white interior. My wife and kids think it looks awesome.

Good luck with your purchase and let us know how it goes.

Attachments

• DD92AEE8-51AD-4FB7-B391-51E397396CE6.jpeg
    DD92AEE8-51AD-4FB7-B391-51E397396CE6.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 69
Yes I did. I would not worry. I believe there is enough in both funds until at least December.

My vehicle was as perfect as could be. No gap or paint issues. There was a little wax or residue between some of the panels but the was easy to remove. Very minor stuff and the red with white interior looks stunning. I would highly recommend purchasing the matte white interior console wrap from Nikola Pro. I added this and it is a perfect match to the white interior. My wife and kids think it looks awesome.

Good luck with your purchase and let us know how it goes.

Sounds good thanks. Remind me again, when did you order and when did you receive it? I just ordered on Sept 14th and I'm hoping it doesn't take 2-3 months. The advisor at Robson St Tesla said it would only be 2-3 weeks but I've heard sometimes they're way off..

What options did you get on your SR+? Paint, Rims, etc. Just want to know so I can get an idea on when mine will be delivered, I ordered Sept 14.