Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update for those who want to know what Doug Ford is thinking of EVIP programme.
Attachment from facebook conversation
Still no VIN and i got 19 inch, rep says it doesnt work that way its not the wheels
Well everyone that got their VINS has 18" wheels.
I have the 19" and I'm kind of upset we're not included in the "first batch" of deliveries.

I received a call from Mandi today. She wanted to personally tell me that I have in fact been added to the first batch list! The list had names trickling in over the last few days and mine was one that showed up recently. So now I just have to TRY and patiently await a VIN.

If you're reading this, thank you Mandi!

Hi Tony,

Did she tell anything about the tentative date for delivering? Will it be the big event for the first batch?. I am wondering what will happen to those who are far from Toronto.

Reactions: navguy12
Hi Tony,

Did she tell anything about the tentative date for delivering? Will it be the big event for the first batch?. I am wondering what will happen to those who are far from Toronto.

I did ask that and she mentioned as of right now it's looking to be the first week of June. BUT she is still trying to obtain a more solid time frame. Anything at this point is a best-estimate I assume.

I do not have any information about those far from Toronto, sorry! We do know that it will take place at the International Center near Pearson Airport.

• Informative
Reactions: vidya_sagar
I received a call from Mandi today. She wanted to personally tell me that I have in fact been added to the first batch list! The list had names trickling in over the last few days and mine was one that showed up recently. So now I just have to TRY and patiently await a VIN.

If you're reading this, thank you Mandi!
Hey Tony,

I was wondering how you were able to get in touch with someone at Tesla? Any number I try takes me to voice mail / HQ (keeps ringing).

Hey Tony,

I was wondering how you were able to get in touch with someone at Tesla? Any number I try takes me to voice mail / HQ (keeps ringing).

You can call Tesla Yorkdale (416) 787-8006 and select the Sales option (I believe option 3) then ask to speak to someone regarding your Model 3 order. If you don't know already, they can direct you to your Delivery Advisor if one has been assigned.

You can call Tesla Yorkdale (416) 787-8006 and select the Sales option (I believe option 3) then ask to speak to someone regarding your Model 3 order. If you don't know already, they can direct you to your Delivery Advisor if one has been assigned.
Awesome, thanks!!! Are there specific hours of operation? (I remember reading somewhere that it was up to 5:30 PM), wont be off work till 6.

Hopefully they follow the store hours :)

Awesome, thanks!!! Are there specific hours of operation? (I remember reading somewhere that it was up to 5:30 PM), wont be off work till 6.

Hopefully they follow the store hours :)
Unfortunately I do not know the hours of those who will be able to answer your questions. You're definitely better off trying to call before 5pm though if at all possible.

• Helpful
Reactions: Zirak
Hi Tony,

My guy said for people like us in Windsor we are far enough they will deliver, that would add more time obviously for logistics reasons so I said forget it I'm coming to this huge event.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
They better not make the first batch solely Aero wheels. That would be absurd.
Damn I knew I should have saved 2k, 19 inch wheel people are getting punished for not being more fiscally responsible )-:

Also wanted to add my rep seems to have slightly hinted that this may be the case when I asked if I can change to 18 to get mine as early as possible. He said this:

"VINs are tickling in for the first few orders, there isn’t a simple formula to it, lots of planning goes into the production schedule at the factory. Even if changing rims bumped it up slightly I’d say stick with the car you want most"

To me that reads like we are doing batches , somehow batches are based on wheels and 18 is first , and you might get a bump but wait for what you ordered )-: , am I loosing my mind here? lol