Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I said yesterday Tesla Canada has never had to deliver a few hundred cars at such short notice. They are strugling with it as expected. My speculation is there is atleast 1000 cars that will be trucked here.

Agreed, it was mentioned by someone on the Delivery Call thread that the first batch is about 2000 vehicles, and there are only 7 Delivery Advisors. That's a lot of phone calls to put in.

Ontario Delivery Phone Call

Calm down, even with VIN, things not moving towards me smoothly either. No phone calls, call 1888 asking me waiting for the phone call. Call Lawrence, their option 4 which is delivery center never pick up the phone.
What part of my statement implied I wasn't calm?

You have a VIN. A vehicle has been assigned to you. You are much further ahead in the process than @Muskol and myself.

@Tony_YYZ @Muskol Whats your thinking if the cars get delivered after June 7th. Do you think preior June 7th orders will be grandfathered for the rebate if its cancelled?

Honestly, I have no clue. I think it can go either way. Which was the very reason why I ordered as quickly as I did, so I could avoid this exact situation. But seeing as we don't have VINs yet and no clear indication on when we can expect them, it is very possible our deliveries will happen later in June.

Honestly, I have no clue. I think it can go either way. Which was the very reason why I ordered as quickly as I did, so I could avoid this exact situation. But seeing as we don't have VINs yet and no clear indication on when we can expect them, it is very possible our deliveries will happen later in June.

I still think you will get your car in the first batch since you ordered with the first batch, missing VIN regardless.

@Tony_YYZ @Muskol Whats your thinking if the cars get delivered after June 7th. Do you think preior June 7th orders will be grandfathered for the rebate if its cancelled?

Anyone's guess, too many variables and all speculation. Based on the precedence of the recent changes to the EVIP in March, orders placed before the change still receive incentives under the previous plan provided delivery occurs within ~ 6 mos.

"Please consult the EHVIP Eligible Vehicle and Incentives List for a detailed listing of updated incentive values as of March 9, 2018. Note that incentives will be provided under the previous EVIP program for EVs ordered prior to March 9, 2018, provided that the EV is delivered and the application is submitted by September 7, 2018."

Reactions: RapTelligence