Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you order? Seen People who have ordered even on April 25 get one.
Dude. I reserved it right when orders opened online. Got invite march22 and locked it in march 26. And I'm an owner not that it helps lol. Mine got lost in the shuffle or something because people who config after and with the same config are getting VINS. I was excusing Tesla because i had sports wheels but now they are shooting those out too.

Reactions: pmich80
Dude. I reserved it right when orders opened online. Got invite march22 and locked it in march 26. And I'm an owner not that it helps lol. Mine got lost in the shuffle or something because people who config after and with the same config are getting VINS. I was excusing Tesla because i had sports wheels but now they are shooting those out too.
Yeah I dont think being an owner has any advantages. The only advantage we got as owner reservations was to configure a week before non-owners. So basically we just got to wait longer for our VINs.

And now, non-owner configurations are getting to pick up their cars, some who configured 2-3 weeks after me.

I'm coming up on 8 weeks this weekend. Early June puts me at 10-11 weeks.. while others are getting it in 4-6 weeks.

Yeah I dont think being an owner has any advantages. The only advantage we got as owner reservations was to configure a week before non-owners. So basically we just got to wait longer for our VINs.

And now, non-owner configurations are getting to pick up their cars, some who configured 2-3 weeks after me.

I'm coming up on 8 weeks this weekend. Early June puts me at 10-11 weeks.. while others are getting it in 4-6 weeks.

Do you have a VIN at least, think you said ya. I don't even have that which is nuts. and same thing im now thinking i'll be lucky if its 10-11 weeks which in my opinion is total bullshit especially if other people are getting theirs like before 4-8 weeks is up and for sure if its the same config. I counted on 4-8 weeks (they even assured me it would be no later then 8 weeks) when I was deciding to sell my S and now im gonna be renting like a dope for another month )-:. I know talk about first world problems but at the end of the day whats the point of ordering it before anyone it seems like a lottery at this point lol

Is that what the Las Vegas advisor mention to you or in an email?

This was over the phone. He said if I wanted to move the delivery to a Tesla store, the additional transportation may change/delay the delivery. My guess is the car is on route to 410/Derry or is already there hiding in a lot.

P.S. I joked around with him about the Vegas GK's run into the NHL playoffs and he DNGAF :)

I hear ya man. I have "owner priority" as well and it did not make any difference at all. They seem to be working in a Last In, First Out mode. It is definitely frustrating. I hope you get a VIN this week.

This was over the phone. He said if I wanted to move the delivery to a Tesla store, the additional transportation may change/delay the delivery. My guess is the car is on route to 410/Derry or is already there hiding in a lot.

P.S. I joked around with him about the Vegas GK's run into the NHL playoffs and he DNGAF :)

That's great to know because it confirms that there's going to be a massive release at the International Centre.

Do you have a VIN at least, think you said ya. I don't even have that which is nuts. and same thing im now thinking i'll be lucky if its 10-11 weeks which in my opinion is total bullshit especially if other people are getting theirs like before 4-8 weeks is up and for sure if its the same config. I counted on 4-8 weeks (they even assured me it would be no later then 8 weeks) when I was deciding to sell my S and now im gonna be renting like a dope for another month )-:. I know talk about first world problems but at the end of the day whats the point of ordering it before anyone it seems like a lottery at this point lol
Yeah, I feel your pain.

I got my VIN, on the first day people in Canada started to get them. Its been over 10 days since the VIN, and yet my car still hasn't made it to Toronto...

Did LV call you or did you? If you could share the number that would be great. I got a VIN same time as you but no contact about delivery yet :(

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Did LV call you or did you? If you could share the number that would be great. I got a VIN same time as you but no contact about delivery yet :(

I received a call from 1-702-680-6464 (Nevada) yesterday on my commute across the city on the side streets (Praised be the 401 rush hour traffic). I never called or emailed anyone at Tesla regarding my order.

He said once the Tesla credit application review process is done, they'll be in contact to arrange the next steps.

Reactions: Mobsidian
I hear ya man. I have "owner priority" as well and it did not make any difference at all. They seem to be working in a Last In, First Out mode. It is definitely frustrating. I hope you get a VIN this week.
I thought a few months ago the general speculation (with US buyers, since our little Canadian queue hadn't started yet) was that Tesla was essentially pre-building in batches, then matching built cars to owner orders. Assuming that's true, I can easily see that some later orders just happen to match up with cars that were built in a particular batch (e.g., red paint) and therefore the "later" [EDIT: owners] orderers get served first.

I haven't pulled in all the details of this thread and who posted to try to figure out if there are cases that prove the above is not what is happening (and... I won't be...), but that seems plausible to me how Tesla can get the most cars to the most customers in the shortest time, given their current ramp. There will be some outliers who are left out in the cold as it were, given the luck of the draw. I do believe the "previous owner" advantage applied to reservations and initial ordering, NOT build and delivery.

Anyway, just a theory, in case it helps. I know how frustrating it is to now be so close...but so far... I purchased an inventory car and had to wait *3* *whole* *days* to pick it up, and that drove me nuts and couldn't sleep. The lack of knowing exactly when, like what some of you people are going through, would make it even worse.

Last edited:
I thought a few months ago the general speculation (with US buyers, since our little Canadian queue hadn't started yet) was that Tesla was essentially pre-building in batches, then matching built cars to owner orders. Assuming that's true, I can easily see that some later orders just happen to match up with cars that were built in a particular batch (e.g., red paint) and therefore the "later" [EDIT: owners] orderers get served first.

I haven't pulled in all the details of this thread and who posted to try to figure out if there are cases that prove the above is not what is happening (and... I won't be...), but that seems plausible to me how Tesla can get the most cars to the most customers in the shortest time, given their current ramp. There will be some outliers who are left out in the cold as it were, given the luck of the draw. I do believe the "previous owner" advantage applied to reservations and initial ordering, NOT build and delivery.

Anyway, just a theory, in case it helps. I know how frustrating it is to now be so close...but so far... I purchased an inventory car and had to wait *3* *whole* *days* to pick it up, and that drove me nuts and couldn't sleep. The lack of knowing exactly when, like what some of you people are going through, would make it even worse.

Unfortunately that theory does not apply. My specific config is one that many others who ordered after me received a VIN for before me. Not just myself either. Remember, it was only paint options at that time. Aero wheel orders were being processed only up until yesterday.

The previous owner advantage applied to both ordering/build/delivery in the USA. Did not seem to apply in the slightest in Canada.

Hope you're enjoying your inventory car!