Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have it so damn simple for them totally Cash deal. No trade in nothing. I even said I'll trash my Green Plates for news one to make it easier.
I had a cash set-up too. Same car. I had called in two times and told them that I would need financincing. Nothing happened. Then I sent a e-mail to [email protected] stating I would need financing and please attached the application to my account. Today I get a reply , and file in the application and half an hour later an email. In my case I did have a VIN too. I would give it a try with you Reservation number. Anything to wake up one department atleast.

Reactions: canucksnaphook
I had a cash set-up too. Same car. I had called in two times and told them that I would need financincing. Nothing happened. Then I sent a e-mail to [email protected] stating I would need financing and please attached the application to my account. Today I get a reply , and file in the application and half an hour later an email. In my case I did have a VIN too. I would give it a try with you Reservation number. Anything to wake up one department atleast.
But I dont need or want financing.

So my only words of comfort are....
I went 4 weeks without CIN. I then got VIN, financing approved, trade in offer, insurance finalized and delivery scheduled in about 36 hrs.
Thanks man, my hope is I get the VIN tomorrow at least before the long weekend and have them push it for me or do something, they say maybe they can do that but ironically I need a VIN which is getting super old now lol.

Did you get a final email from your DS regarding information about your delivery? (e.g. Additional details on how to pay your down payment and such?)

I got a response from DS saying "I need the contracts team to generate the contract in order to send it", not sure what that means.
I haven't received that stuff yet. My DS said she's going to get everything ready in that regard.

I just finalized insurance 10 minutes ago though.

• Informative
Reactions: Zirak and pmich80
Who knows man! why i dont. I'm probably in this forum one of the first orders , March 22nd invite , order 26th, Red with sports wheels.

What did @Tony_YYZ do to help things along?! These guys are nice but like everyone noticed no one knows nothing, I just keep getting the same canned "VINS are rolling out, should get yours soon"

I was persistent, found out who my DA was weeks before I got a VIN. She was helpful but ultimately couldn't do much since it was out of her hands. Inside sales is absolutely useless unless they enter a script reading contest, which they will win first prize in.

I, like you ordered in March and was left till the end to get a VIN. I ultimately got one on May 15. I ordered aero wheels though, you have sport wheels. Looks like they are working backwards from most recent orders which is pretty shitty of them.

There's unfortunately nothing you can do. I stopped caring for a while and stopped obsessing over it until I got an email notification from @Muskol who messaged me saying he got a VIN. I refreshed my account and had one too.

Nobody at Tesla can tell you anything until you get a VIN. It's crappy but it's the reality of the situation. I hope things move along for you sooner than later.

Reactions: Muskol
I was persistent, found out who my DA was weeks before I got a VIN. She was helpful but ultimately couldn't do much since it was out of her hands. Inside sales is absolutely useless unless they enter a script reading contest, which they will win first prize in.

I, like you ordered in March and was left till the end to get a VIN. I ultimately got one on May 15. I ordered aero wheels though, you have sport wheels. Looks like they are working backwards from most recent orders which is pretty shitty of them.

There's unfortunately nothing you can do. I stopped caring for a while and stopped obsessing over it until I got an email notification from @Muskol who messaged me saying he got a VIN. I refreshed my account and had one too.

Nobody at Tesla can tell you anything until you get a VIN. It's crappy but it's the reality of the situation. I hope things move along for you sooner than later.
Apparently no one can tell you anything even if you have a VIN. It's been 2 weeks since I got my vin, yet no one knows where my car is. Frustrating seeing people who configured a month after me, get their cars. 8 weeks are up, others are getting their cars in 4-6.

Apparently no one can tell you anything even if you have a VIN. It's been 2 weeks since I got my vin, yet no one knows where my car is. Frustrating seeing people who configured a month after me, get their cars. 8 weeks are up, others are getting their cars in 4-6.

I get it. Supposed to hear something by now.....but nope.

We are going away on a couple of short vacations at the end of the Month/beginning June so we are trying to get an idea. I hate calling them every 5 minutes to extract any information.

If it wasn't right around our vacation schedule when we will be out of province, then it would not be as painful but .....

I get it. Supposed to hear something by now.....but nope.

We are going away on a couple of short vacations at the end of the Month/beginning June so we are trying to get an idea. I hate calling them every 5 minutes to extract any information.

If it wasn't right around our vacation schedule when we will be out of province, then it would not be as painful but .....

Me too! Leaving on Saturday and not back til after the big end of month International Centre delivery event. So I'm a little removed from caring at this point as there's nothing I can do. I did let my DS know that I'll be on vacation soon so I can only assume she took my delivery spot and put it at the bottom of her stack.

Reactions: canucksnaphook
What if they’re holding your car to repaint it? I remember on Reddit I read some guys from the US were gonna take delivery the next day but got an email from the centre saying they need to hold onto it for an additional 3 days to repaint some mismatch. Only on white cars so far. Perhaps yours is one of them?