Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oakville provided me with the following updates :

California's order operations team said they are not producing any vehicle for Canada right now. They will start producing cars again for Canada next month. No exact date (early, mid or late) ?

Hopefully, they have processed my cancellation request, and send me a refund.

Anybody got a refund yet?

• Disagree
Reactions: M109Rider
Just an FYI...mine still shows:

Your cancellation request has been received.
did you choose how you want the refund to be processed? If not, you will be sent a cheque by default and this can take well over a month to receive. The only recourse you have is to contact them and ask them to change it to Credit Card or however you originally paid for it. Hopefully it's not too late as they may have already processed the cheque.

I called in my cancellation on July 13 and received notice on my account manage page on the 22nd, yesterday.

I was told a cheque would be issued in 30-60 days. Though it's been pointed out that may be business days so 2-3 months.

I don't mind the cheque and will take the VISA points.

I also preferred this as there was still some hope that something might be done if not provincially, then federally. At this point many avenues have been exhausted. Ontario Ombudsman is in receipt of complaints. CELA has made a formal application for review of the cancellation of cap and trade due to provisions in the Environmental Bill of Rights that allow for consultation with the people which was not done. (Ford claims it was in that it was in his platform and he was elected - meanwhile 60% of all voters support cap and trade!)

I called in my cancellation on July 13 and received notice on my account manage page on the 22nd, yesterday.

I was told a cheque would be issued in 30-60 days. Though it's been pointed out that may be business days so 2-3 months.

I also preferred this as there was still some hope that something might be done if not provincially, then federally. At this point many avenues have been exhausted. Ontario Ombudsman is in receipt of complaints. CELA has made a formal application for review of the cancellation of cap and trade due to provisions in the Environmental Bill of Rights that allow for consultation with the people which was not done. (Ford claims it was in that it was in his platform and he was elected - meanwhile 60% of all voters support cap and trade!)

The gentleman on the other side told me the $3200 will be refund on my credit card in 24 hours, the $1000 would be cheque. However, I think it is going to be a cheque now. Like the other poster said, I don't really mind one way or another, happy to take the points. I also talked to contact in Tesla Lawrence, and he told me it would be a month.

It is just interesting that your cancellation request has been received is no longer there.

so, if you chose the option of getting it by cheque, why are you giving us updates on something you know will take quite a while to get back? It has been 6 business days since you cancelled. You chose the method that will take 30-60 days. If you want it faster, ask for it back on your visa.

Reactions: M109Rider
The gentleman on the other side told me the $3200 will be refund on my credit card in 24 hours, the $1000 would be cheque. However, I think it is going to be a cheque now. Like the other poster said, I don't really mind one way or another, happy to take the points. I also talked to contact in Tesla Lawrence, and he told me it would be a month.

It is just interesting that your cancellation request has been received is no longer there.

Indeed. That's why I showed you what it's still saying on my page, for reference.

It would appear there is or at least was no consistent approach as to how cancellations were handled. I didn't have an advisor yet so just called the 800 # and spoke to someone in the US. A refund to my CC was never offered as an option, only cheque and I was good with that. No complaints. Will sit back for now and see how it (incentives) play out.

I am in the exact opposite spot. Ordered the blue (delivery Sept - Nov) and now I have been seriously considering whether I should switch to the MSM. (Mainly because I was concerned that the blue is too light as per the on line configurator and the picture of the Volt bit don’t want to risk getting punted further back. If the blue is darker than that maybe I will just keep it as is.

I took some pics of the blue beside my volt. It's definitely darker in person. In the thread about the Ontario rebates being cancelled I put the pics, but I can post some more I took this morning here if you like...or we could just keep both our orders and trade cars when they arrive :)

I ordered MSM with AWD, 18" aero and no EAP, etc...I wasn't too impressed with EAP in the p100d test drive I did....at least not $6600 impressed :)

Agree that the EAP is pricey and most of my driving in the 3 will likely be in city - but I just couldn’t imagine getting a tesla without it. Plus, if you want TACC then you need to get EAP.

Ok, I'll still trade you my MSM without EAP for your Blue with EAP :) Here's some pics of my volt beside the blue M3. I took them early in the morning on the way to work so the lighting wasn't the best, but you still see the difference between the volt blue and the model 3. Also put in some pictures of the MSM as well. Both look great with the 18" wheels without the aero hubcaps on.

upload_2018-7-23_21-15-4.png

upload_2018-7-23_21-15-39.png

upload_2018-7-23_21-17-8.png

upload_2018-7-23_21-17-59.png

upload_2018-7-23_21-18-51.png

And some of the MSM:

upload_2018-7-23_21-21-27.png

upload_2018-7-23_21-19-23.png

upload_2018-7-23_21-19-59.png

upload_2018-7-23_21-20-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-23_21-22-5.png
    upload_2018-7-23_21-22-5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
So I don't get it...why is the Model 3 blue in this video depict it as bright blue....not dark. Is it just the lighting???

Someone earlier in the thread posted about a possible quality issue with some red paint cars, but that was not really backed up by facts, so don't quote me on it.

On the topic of colour, I have always wanted the midnight silver metallic, but yesterday I saw a blue one in the wild and it looks way different (much darker) in person, so now I'm torn: switch the order and possibly delay shipment even longer (waiting for AWD), or keep MSM which I also really like.

Here's what the Tesla website vs in person difference was on the blue...

View attachment 318940

View attachment 318941

And here is the MSM taken parked beside my 2017 volt...The Tesla website pic made it look like almost exactly my colour on the volt, and I was looking for a change, but now that I see the blue is very different I'm torn...

View attachment 318942

So I don't get it...why is the Model 3 blue in this video depict it as bright blue....not dark. Is it just the lighting???

Yeah, that lighting definitely makes it look lighter than I saw in person. If you look at around 3:00 in the video the colour does look a bit darker outside. It also has a lot to do with the camera being used.

All I can say is that in person the colour of blue looks darker than the tesla website makes it seem.

Now, the photos I took we're also on an overcast morning, so probably make it look a little darker (just to make things more confusing!) But that's why I took them beside my blue volt, for a relative comparison.

The fact that it's different from my volt is enough for me. I'm switching from MSM....now just the debate whether or not to spring for the white interior....

Switched my order from black to blue and I'm so glad I made that choice before confirming my order just 2 days ago. Blue looks so much better in person.

I originally ordered a blue on June 27th (when estimated delivery was Aug-Nov) but then saw some Facebook photos people had taken and thought it was way too light and bright. Changed to Obsidian Black on July 11th, which pushed back my delivery to September-December. Then everyone got bumped up so I was back to Aug-Nov. Seeing these thread photos, I would have probably been happy with the blue, but with the recent price changes and the possible effect it would have on delaying delivery, I'm not touching that 'edit' button again!

I was also concerned about the Blue being too light and bright and was close to pulling the trigger to change the colour but was having trouble deciding what to change it to! Was also somewhat concerned about getting pushed further back from the current Sept - Nov (although perhaps Canada will get a bunch all at once).
But then since they have changed the price and I assume if I did decide to change from Blue to some other colour I would have to pay the new up charge (an additional $700 - jump from $1,300 to $2,000) that is enough to keep me where I am (and hope that I will love it when / if I ever get it!)

Called Oakville Tesla today, said they are delivering M3's every day, but when I look at the spread sheet it states that only 3 (I understand everyone on the waiting list for an M3 is not on this list) have been delivered in Canada since the end of June. I find this hard to believe. I am anxiously waiting for the VIN and ISA to call, I really want to get this car before Sept 10th. I realize that I have 1/1-million chance at over throwing the whole rebate, but without the car I cannot try at the very least. Damn all the people that voted for the PC's, not only for the rebate, but everything else he is doing as well. Can't believe we voted in a mini Trump, I call him Doug Trump for the record.

For all to know I ordered as basic as I could for now (LR RWD, Aero, Solid Black) as I am no where near a millionaire (i.e. Doug "Trump" Ford's statement on people buying M3's).

Called Oakville Tesla today, said they are delivering M3's every day, but when I look at the spread sheet it states that only 3 (I understand everyone on the waiting list for an M3 is not on this list) have been delivered in Canada since the end of June. I find this hard to believe. I am anxiously waiting for the VIN and ISA to call, I really want to get this car before Sept 10th. I realize that I have 1/1-million chance at over throwing the whole rebate, but without the car I cannot try at the very least. Damn all the people that voted for the PC's, not only for the rebate, but everything else he is doing as well. Can't believe we voted in a mini Trump, I call him Doug Trump for the record.

For all to know I ordered as basic as I could for now (LR RWD, Aero, Solid Black) as I am no where near a millionaire (i.e. Doug "Trump" Ford's statement on people buying M3's).

Just got back from Oakville Tesla. There was a line up of M3's waiting for delivery! They have a M3 for test drive so I booked a spot--thought this was a good idea seeing as I have never bought a car without driving it! Configured the same M3 as u did...sales staff at Oakville had no idea how and when VIN's get assigned. She did say that the Feds vaguely described something about putting a rebate in place where the provincial govt left off...maybe retroactive...nonetheless that is a conversation for the other 190 page thread:eek: I was going to make a decision this weekend but now I'm waiting for after the test drive. Don't buy the idea that there is a clock on the refund button...until tesla reaches out to talk to me about this purchase and describes my options I'm going with the fact that others were given the option to refund why not me...when did the rules change and why wasn't I informed...but I think I'm buying anyways;)

one of 2 things happened to me today. Either Tesla has fixed the loophole that allows people to use a direct link to edit their order still (Tesla SSO – Login) or I have a vin on it's way. Can someone else try the link and let me know if it still works for them? Thanks.
It works for me. I had an issue whereby the link didn't work for me for about 10 days. I called them 3 times and they stated their IT were aware. The 3rd time they kept me on the line while they contacted IT and an hour later they called me back and it was working again.