Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But the inadmissible list doesn't include the model 3 yet. I am moving from CA to Canada in a few months and since I can't bring my MS to Canada, I actually would like to find out if I could take delivery of my Model 3 and bring it to Canada...

You won't be able to since it won't be added to the list for the same reason as the S and X: The service centers are too busy to do the modifications required to comply with Transport Canada's requirements. It will happen eventually but not for years.

• Helpful
Reactions: sakimano
You won't be able to since it won't be added to the list for the same reason as the S and X: The service centers are too busy to do the modifications required to comply with Transport Canada's requirements. It will happen eventually but not for years.
I guess I’m probably better off just changing my address after moving and wait for the car to be delivered in Canada... I wonder where I’ll stand in the queue if I change the address being in the US queue for all this time...

I guess I’m probably better off just changing my address after moving and wait for the car to be delivered in Canada... I wonder where I’ll stand in the queue if I change the address being in the US queue for all this time...

You might just want to talk with Tesla about it and see if there's any way it could work. The worst that they can say is that it'll be longer, but on the other hand they may just move you toward the front of the queue for Canada or get you into an Canadian appliance vehicle.

But the inadmissible list doesn't include the model 3 yet. I am moving from CA to Canada in a few months and since I can't bring my MS to Canada, I actually would like to find out if I could take delivery of my Model 3 and bring it to Canada...
neither does the admissible list :)

all kidding aside, Tesla appears bent on controlling the supply and market of teslas where possible, and when there's an arb to made across the border, they appear to want to be the ones to make it, not us.

with that being said, they also adjust pricing on a reasonably swift basis to reflect the USD/CAD moves. Availability is obviously the benefit of shopping south of the border but having a model 3 today instead of in March 2019 isn't that big of a deal is it? Buy a used Model S and wait a year. They don't depreciate much past year 3.

all kidding aside, Tesla appears bent on controlling the supply and market of teslas where possible, and when there's an arb to made across the border, they appear to want to be the ones to make it, not us.

with that being said, they also adjust pricing on a reasonably swift basis to reflect the USD/CAD moves. Availability is obviously the benefit of shopping south of the border but having a model 3 today instead of in March 2019 isn't that big of a deal is it? Buy a used Model S and wait a year. They don't depreciate much past year 3.
Old Tesla? That's like buying an iPhone 6!

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP

Availability is obviously the benefit of shopping south of the border but having a model 3 today instead of in March 2019 isn't that big of a deal is it? Buy a used Model S and wait a year. They don't depreciate much past year 3.
Everything car-related is more expensive up north I've heard, haha... I might just bring my ICE over and stay in queue...

So got a callback today from customer service, basically they haven't updated their inadmissible list yet to include the Model 3, but apparently they will... So she recommended that I sell before moving and buy another S/X when I'm in Canada, or wait in queue for the Model 3.

EC45FC8A-7210-4A54-B619-D4BB2C0A2F24.jpeg
Well I finally got to touch the mystical beast. Was in LA so visited the store there. Unfortunately the staff only let you sit in it for a whopping 120 seconds. So by the time I moved the steering wheel and played with the cool air vents I was done.
They also have a power wall and solar panel on display in that store.
There is someone offering a Model 3 on Turo in LA but he is asking around $700 CDN a day. :eek:

Anyone have a sense of how the Model 3 connectivity plan will work for us here in Canada? I've never had a connected car... every car I've had which had the connectivity features in the american version had them disabled here in Canada.

Two part question really:

1. How does Tesla sell data connectivity on its current fleet S and X deliveries? Is the data plan included in the price of the car?
2. How is Tesla selling data connectivity on the upcoming Model 3 in the USA?

I can imagine the data connectivity is essential to a lot of the car's functionality-- and hot spotting a cell phone isn't ideal.

Still forking over $30-60 a month for a vehicle data plan does add up...

Two part question really:

1. How does Tesla sell data connectivity on its current fleet S and X deliveries? Is the data plan included in the price of the car?
2. How is Tesla selling data connectivity on the upcoming Model 3 in the USA?

So far Tesla is including data connectivity at no charge. And roaming between the US/Canada works just fine.

It has been rumored that only the first 4 years are included, but they have yet to start charging anyone that I have seen.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric