Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellas...now calm down....its been almost 2 years since we reserved.....so I decided...TO ORDER!!!!!
I'm getting the Blue as well and skipping the AWD. It'll be fine as long as you get winter tires. Are you getting Auto pilot or not? I'm struggling because the car hits an astronomical $85,000 now... before tax rebate.
Yes, with the recent news on electrek about the new enhanced AP rolling out real soon, I said YES

I was dead set on AWD from the start. But now with a 4-8 week turnaround and the uncertainty of the rebate being here after June, I researched a LOT about RWD Tesla's in snow. Learning what I did, I decided that a RWD Model 3 is more than adequate for our climate. So I decided to pull the trigger now, rather than risk the rebate disappearing. I'll use that money saved for snow tires and a new set of summer rims.

Food for thought.

Tony, my EXACT sentiment!
I'm getting some wicked aftermarket wheels for the summer time
and keeping the Aero wheels with some fast winter tires!

BOY, do I feel relief.....Finally joining the Tesla family and doing my part for this beautiful world we live in!

Not enough dumb SOB's willing to buy this overpriced ipad, with no written guarantee that they will get the rebate, and unable to order the options they really want. Let's admit it must of us would prefer AWD even at another $6k, and by the sounds of it white seats. But like kids in a candy store when they don't have what we really want we'll desperately grab the next thing we see. Did I say we? D'oh, what was I drinking last night? It was just a Peroni, I swear.

The good news is that in the order terms & condition it said that for $500 we can switch our order. Hope that stands. BTW, also ordered in store at Yorkdale, non-owner.

Last edited:
Fellas...now calm down....its been almost 2 years since we reserved.....so I decided...TO ORDER!!!!!

Yes, with the recent news on electrek about the new enhanced AP rolling out real soon, I said YES

BOY, do I feel relief.....Finally joining the Tesla family and doing my part for this beautiful world we live in!

Congrats! It has been a long wait for sure. Almost at the finish line.

I'm thinking of pursuing some Turbine style rims as my summer rims doe next year. Paired with the OEM takeoff 18" tires once I replace them with winter tires for winter later this year.

Last edited:

I was deciding on whether or not to get the 19inch wheels but with the blue, i really love the sport wheels on the car. But now i'll need winter tires. LOL. which aftermarket for the summer are you thinking?

Yahoo!!!!

I also got my invitation!!
Non-owner and registered at Yorkdale at 12:30 pm

I my be ready to order the RWD and get Tesla 3 Blue in 4-8 wks.
Gonna stew on it for a few days wether or not I should go for it now!!

Everyone says the RWD with good snows works just fine.
I have had a RWD Tesla through 5 winters and driven through everything imaginable except for golf ball size hail. Those that tell you AWD is a must should just slow down. I have ordered the model 3 and really look forward to it. I have a 2013 MS for sale with 166,000 KM on it.

I was deciding on whether or not to get the 19inch wheels but with the blue, i really love the sport wheels on the car. But now i'll need winter tires. LOL. which aftermarket for the summer are you thinking?

I've always believed that the less unsprung weight you have, the better the handling.
Having said that, Im a big fan of TSW wheels, specifically their rotary forged wheel series.
These wheels are manufactured by a process whereby excess weight is removed from them....
thus you get both strength and lightness.

My choices are one of 3 wheels:
1. Bathurst (10 spoke wheel) 19" in silver finish with mirror cut face
2. Chrono (10 spoke wheel) 19" in silver finish with mirror cut face
3. Interlagos (9 spoke wheel) 19" in silver finish with minor cut face

I have had a RWD Tesla through 5 winters and driven through everything imaginable except for golf ball size hail. Those that tell you AWD is a must should just slow down. I have ordered the model 3 and really look forward to it. I have a 2013 MS for sale with 166,000 KM on it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
It's always best to hear from an existing Tesla owner who has actually experienced our Canadian winters with RWD and snows
I concluded that the EAP (Enhanced Auto Pilot) was much more important than the AWD