Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Dashcam Moments - Video or it didn't happen!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That Pick-up Driver On The Left - coming to a center median near you.
He was driving like a crazy person for several miles. He’d drive way too fast and change lanes to try to get ahead, and then end up getting stuck behind slower cars so that I would catch up again. After that video he pulled over to the side and looked like he was hyperventilating. Didn’t see him again after that.

Reactions: hoang51
I like this thread because anytime someone describes some situation they're going to be biased on favor of their own actions.

Part of why I like the dash cam is for video evidence of another persons actions, but it's also to review what I did that may have contributed to a situation.

Of course now that I have the dash cam going my biggest problem has been people not using their lights.

I don't know what happened, but on every drive at night there is at least 1 person I encounter that isn't using their lights.

It's hard to change lanes when the guy in the lane next to me isn't using their lights. I've been trying to see if the 360 degree visualization sees them better than I do.

Regards the first scenario the left lane is the passing lane not a driving lane and I give no quarter to people who unsafely change lanes. The major reason I have my dash cam is to document their unsafe lane changes after I hit them. If it comes down to you vs me in an instantaneous dangerous situation, you loose. I drive now more in the right lane because of all the lazy drivers who engage their cruise control and just follow the train of cars in the left lane. One of the greatest parts of owning a P3 is that I can pass long trains of them in the right lane before any of them can do anything about it.

Regards the deer, do you have your auto high beams engaged? In that case the beam sensor would likely have noticed the deer long before you did and would probably have gone a bit nuts as you approached it. At least mine do. I no longer have a clue exactly what triggers it high or low.

I wish I had one on my rental S, I was in the exit lane on the 8 freeway going 65 about to get off at the next exit and some dude in an old pickup saw the tesla, decided to show me his dislike for electric cars, decided to pass me on the right (on the shoulder of the highway) revving his pickup engine (not a lane), kinda swerved towards the rental car as he was doing it then cut me off.

I just kept going straight and exited the highway as I had my wife and father in the car with me. I don't think there is a dash-cam option for the 2014 S? They were like what the hell was that guys problem...

Happened this morning....idiot tried to get into the turning lane without even looking....

Bad driving on their part, but I’m happy that you gunning it around them and passing them while trapping them in the on-ramp merge area after that incident didn’t trigger a road rage incident against you. That’s a pretty inconsiderate move on your part in general. You know they need to merge right as you’re passing them. Also, bad drivers like that are the ones that I personally avoid and won’t do any agressive driving near them. You never know what might set them off.

Reactions: BOBEDIGITL
Bad driving on their part, but I’m happy that you gunning it around them and passing them while trapping them in the on-ramp merge area after that incident didn’t trigger a road rage incident against you. That’s a pretty inconsiderate move on your part in general. You know they need to merge right as you’re passing them. Also, bad drivers like that are the ones that I personally avoid and won’t do any agressive driving near them. You never know what might set them off.

You can't see it in the video, but the driver slowed down and signaled me to go ahead. I didn't gun it. I had my two year old in the car. In LA, road rage incidents are a dime a dozen. Had a guy once climb out of his truck yelling like a maniac for honking at him after not moving on a green turn arrow after about 5 seconds. Definitely learned my lesson after that one. You can be the safest driver in the world but you never know about the crazies around you.