Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery Experience in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Delivery Experience is on Kato Road and not at the Delivery Center on Fremont Blvd. If they'd maybe given me a few days notice, I'd have taken it. But they didn't and so I can't. Not a big deal since I'm scheduled for around October 1.

I would bust my ass and cut a check if they nixed my destination fee and settled the trade-in value.

Last edited:
I got the email too. 6pm on Friday . Very confusing to have them give no lead time on this. What's aggravating is there is no info on what to do after you RSVP. Do I wait for someone to call me for further instructions? Do I just show up at the factory at 9am even though it says 9am-6pm? Or show up anytime?

Also got the RSVP tonight which was very coincidental because I just called this afternoon to switch to cash as I just got approved through LightStream, however the funds won't be in my account until Monday at the earliest. Now I am trying to scramble last minute to try and find a way to get funds before then. Will check it out either way as it sounds like an all out free for all this weekend.

I received the same email this evening. I'm financing through a credit union. I don't know if they'll ask for VIN and purchase agreement before giving me a check. I called the given number and they said it is outside of their office hours and call back tomorrow morning after 9am. Why send such RSVP this late in the day?

I also received an email at 6:03 pm tonight from Tesla to RSVP for this weekend event. what a coincidence, i just got email yesterday to schedule delivery. Going to pick my AWD on Sept 28 on Fremont St. I also agree that maybe Tesla is trying to get rid of M3's that were broken deals. I'll wait for my scheduled delivery and get the car that I ordered.

Reactions: cfttester
If Tesla drops the destination fee and settles on the trade-in, I'm willing to bust my ass and get this done this weekend. I sent a note to my OA+DS. But I doubt that this will happen and so I'll probably wait for my scheduled delivery around Oct 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: cfttester
I hope it's legit, I told my Inside Sales Advisor I was ready to go pretty much anytime and I was willing to pick up from pretty much anywhere in the bay area. He did move my scheduled home delivery 2 days earlier from 9/26 to 9/24. But if I can get it this weekend it would be awesome. I have road trip on 9/20 so having it before then would be sweet.

I'm a cash/no trade-in buyer FWIW.

Reactions: EVChris
I received the same email this evening. I'm financing through a credit union. I don't know if they'll ask for VIN and purchase agreement before giving me a check. I called the given number and they said it is outside of their office hours and call back tomorrow morning after 9am. Why send such RSVP this late in the day?

I also received the invite this afternoon after their office had already closed.

My delivery advisor reached out on Wednesday to ask when I'd like to schedule delivery (offering within 7 days if I were to reply ASAP). I responded that I'd need a trade-in estimate in order to determine my time frame, and haven't heard anything since. She still hasn't even unlocked the trade-in section on the website.

I mean, with even 6 hours lead time I might have been able to make this weekend work. Not much chance now. With them knowing I need a trade-in quote, and that I planned on using outside financing, I just find this super frustrating and a poor customer experience.

Really weird that I received this invitation as I only placed my order last week.

* 8/31 ordered
* Not a previous owner, no reservation
* AWD non-P, white on white, aero, EAP
* Paying cash

Because my wife's name is also on the registration, we will need to take our newborn with us. I'm hoping this isn't an error and a waste of time. Hope my SA replies to me before I commit to the drive to Fremont.