Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 design studio expected to go live in 6-8 weeks - Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Past performance is no indicator of future returns ;) I get it, but there's also the saying of "Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice..."
o2mzf.jpg

Someone called him out on his constant delays

Elon's reply "I'm doing my best to recalibrate[sic], but that is a fair criticism. However, if I wasn't inherently optimistic, I wouldn't be doing electric cars and rockets in the first place!"

Well put, well put

People were told electrical cars are simplier vehicles that require less maintenance and the Model 3 was easier to build.

From what I take from this is that Elon is saying the design studio is only needed when we actually have more options to pick from than just color and wheel size. I'm betting that the first bunch of regular customers will be directed to an ordering page very similar to the one that the employees used. The design studio comes online for orders once more configuration options become available.
Same here. Theoretically emails could go out tomorrow to Owners to order their car, the configurator isn't needed since there is just the First Production model currently.

People were told electrical cars are simplier vehicles that require less maintenance and the Model 3 was easier to build.
Both are true, no?

EVs require less maintenance than ICE vehicles. The fact that Tesla is trying to make maintenance a profit center doesn't negate that.
And the Model 3 should be simpler to make than the S or the X. No Falcon doors, no presenting handles, etc.

What the heck does “doesn’t matter” mean on the extended warranty option?
My take -- That it doesn't matter if there will be an extended warranty offered from the get go. You can buy it later, while you're still under warranty. So unless someone drives 50k miles in the first few weeks/months, it doesn't need to be figured out today - as there are more pressing issues.

Reactions: internalaudit