Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Emergency Response Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting to see that to pop the Frunk you will need a jumper pack or a 12 volt battery. Also is says that the rear doors to not have a manual release. I wonder if they put one behind the speaker grill.
Also if the 12V battery is still alive, then manual opening using a jumper pack won't work, you have to go through the touch screen. I wonder if there could be an issue if the screen is inaccessible (for example broken).

Also if the 12V battery is still alive, then manual opening using a jumper pack won't work, you have to go through the touch screen. I wonder if there could be an issue if the screen is inaccessible (for example broken).

Does it say that? I think the 12 volt creates a separate circuit bypassing the battery. The whole purpose of the safety frunk release is for when you can't get to the interior. So if the cars battery is dead or not the frunk will open.

That is a great solution for the whole "front trunk is not secured" issue that people first noticed with the MX but that the MS also has, with no downsides that I can think of.

Also, I see that the M3 has a second first-responders loop to cut out high-voltage (in the rear right pillar). Does the MS and MX also have it ? I don't recall seeing it.
[Edit :] Neither the MS nor the MX have it.

Does it say that? I think the 12 volt creates a separate circuit bypassing the battery. The whole purpose of the safety frunk release is for when you can't get to the interior. So if the cars battery is dead or not the frunk will open.
upload_2017-9-22_9-48-36.png

I also interpret that as the frunk is not accessible via the exterior method as long as the 12v power is on. This is a great security improvement over the S and X and I am quite happy about that.

There is also confirmation on page 31 that the trunk has an exterior button. I think some were worried that the app would be the only way to open the trunk while outside the car.