Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Handover Event -- July 28, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It did beat it on price, though. Bolt starts at $37,995, so those extra 18 miles costs $3,000 if you look at pure range.

I agree, though. Lots of info missing, but I guess we'll learn more from the 30(+) people getting cars tonight and once the site is updated.

I would really hope that by "all cars have hardware for full autonomy", that would include a motorized charge port.

I just feel bad for the folks in the crowd that were blinded by the headlights.

Presentation was relatively short on facts, but the 310 crushes the Bolt, despite being in a higher price range. We all sort of knew that Tesla wouldn't let the Bolt roll out as a longer range vehicle. 220 is something, but 310 is shocking to anyone viewing this with a level head.
Yes it sure is. I wasn't expecting a range that high for the optional battery. That is more than 40% more range than the base, so the larger battery must be correspondingly higher capacity. Really want to know the kWh figures of the two batteries.

Of course I want more details even though I'm not buying a 3.

My big question is: are those 30 new Superchargers at the rear of the factory going to be for employees only? I'm guessing the answer is "yes". Which is fine. But I was stunned to see them there!

Yeah....we actually learned more at the March 2016 reveal haha

Yeah, that was a great event. Very memorable. Well, most of it, anyway. :)

I can see the stock having a rough Monday. Essentially “please understand production is hard and we don’t know when we will be getting you your cars.”

Yeah, he's already setting up the excuses for a slower ramp than everyone and their dogs are fully expecting.

Also, would it have killed him to tell us the battery sizes? When P and D models will be produced?

what a disappointment. a year and a half of holding our cash -- these cars are now driving on the street and we still have no idea what options are available and what they cost?

somehow people here will make excuses as to why that is acceptable to them. so glad i preordered an xc60 since my initial reservation. was holding out hope that elon had something up his sleeve, but he wasn't even wearing a shirt.

I was disappointed I missed an invite.. until now. :)

I had to be in Boston the last few days, and getting up this morning to drive home, I was like "huh, I wonder how much direct flights are from BOS today?"... and yes, I looked it up and there were flights I could make it to the event on time. It would have cost over $1000, but then I was like "eh, I'll skip it". I think I made the right call.

Reactions: ohmman and Bebop
I much prefer the rave music before the events, so I've searched for some on youtube to make it feel more normal :)
That opening tune was goofy, happy-go-lucky crap with the simplistic stabs (I guess that's supposed to correlate with the simplicity of the Model 3 ;))! The tune played when they panned over the charging 3s was an improvement.

And holy eff, 310 miles! No need to wait around for bigger batteries. That's huge and so much better than what many naysayers were predicting.

As much as I love going to Tesla events, I'm glad I had to sit this one out. I'm sure the rest of the night will be a nice party, but still, that's a lot of people.

Yea, looked like a ton of people. I'd prefer to stay home and watch the livestream with my cats. But I'm really glad to see so many people there - it's great to see all the support and enthusiasm for the Model 3.

Reactions: GSP