Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those rims are awful though...the leaked ones from the parts catalog awhile back looked so much better.

Also hoping that ludicrous badge isn't a crap sticker like it looks like in the (grainy) video...
These are exactly the wheels leaked from the parts catalog. The so-called "Warp" wheels. Now we get to see them with the aero covers on, but once you take those off you get this:

PNG image 10.png
PNG image 8.png

Yes I think so also. Also did the parts catalogue not have 19's and 20's? So possible they'll have a 19 with aero covers for those that want more range or 20's without covers.
Pretty certain the parts catalog leak had 19" and 20" wheels for the P/Ludicrous model, which I personally was so hoping for instead of the harsh ride pothole bent rim central 20" wheels lol.

Pretty certain the parts catalog leak had 19" and 20" wheels for the P/Ludicrous model, which I personally was so hoping for instead of the harsh ride pothole bent rim central 20" wheels lol.
Yes in UK there's not enough sidewall in my opinion for our terrible roads. Especially if you don't live in a city. Also potentially will help nicely with range also so won't drop of as much compared to a LR.

I wonder if the Ludicrous with 19's would get same range as the LR with 19's? The 19's on the LR don't have aero covers.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Reactions: phantasms
Agreed. My past two 3’s have been black. I was thinking black or red but after seeing these two cars, red for sure.
The previous red was so awful. This new ultra red is so sleek looking and definitely worth the extra $2k IMO. I got MSM on my 2021 when white was still the free color but since MSM and now stealth gray is the free color, I'm all in on ultra red. I used to see way too many white M3's and now all I see is MSM M3 and MY everywhere. The blue is lowkey never seen (at least near me) also

The previous red was so awful. This new ultra red is so sleek looking and definitely worth the extra $2k IMO. I got MSM on my 2021 when white was still the free color but since MSM and now stealth gray is the free color, I'm all in on ultra red.
Yeah my wife has a red Y. Ultra red is so good it made me test drive the Plaid but yep it’s still a boat. Also I’m an ultra runner so it’s a must. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
The previous red was so awful. This new ultra red is so sleek looking and definitely worth the extra $2k IMO. I got MSM on my 2021 when white was still the free color but since MSM and now stealth gray is the free color, I'm all in on ultra red.
Yep. So glad the ultra red was free when I bought my plaid. Such a nice color

I've owned both for 2-3 years. The power in the Plaid is amazing. And so much quieter inside. I'm going for another Plaid, unless the ludicrous 3 convinces me otherwise...
Yeah and the Plaid's suspension is much better. The 3 might feel more "tossable", but I'm not convinced it truly handles better or has more grip based on my own experiencing pushing both cars. I feel like the 3 starts to understeer sooner.

Very curious to see if they put real suspension in the Highland though. Doesn't need air suspension, but does need better dampers.

Reactions: Cheetah