Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious if the suspension is the same as previous generation? Sure would be great to roll those @MountainPass parts and BBK forward to the next car
We have a running list of the parts that are confirmed so far and it has been a 100% success rate in fitting the suspension and brakes from existing Model 3s to the Highland!

Model 3 Highland Product Compatibility

More to come in the following weeks.

So...

I have not (and likely am not) going to review the entire last couple months of this thread, but I do have a question on something that is confusing me...

Why are people posting twitter / X quotes that are related to @eivissa , when @eivissa is not only a member here, but an active member here, and participating in this very thread that people are linking twitter quotes attributed to them in?

This is a generic picture of a drive unit with hairpin stator. I pulled it somewhere back in early 2023 when I needed a picture that shows the hairpin stator. I believe it is actually from a Taycan.

The internals, apart from the rotor, should match what you saw in the teardown of the 4D1. I have an internal confirmation that only the rotor and inverter were changed from 4D1 to 4D2/4D3.

Nice, I believe this is also an upgrade from R2D2. What is this... taycanmotorsclub? lol

So...

I have not (and likely am not) going to review the entire last couple months of this thread, but I do have a question on something that is confusing me...

Why are people posting twitter / X quotes that are related to @eivissa , when @eivissa is not only a member here, but an active member here, and participating in this very thread that people are linking twitter quotes attributed to them in?

This is all we have to do right now.

Maybe Tesla is also still troubleshooting the expanding Highland suspension (vibration) issues that are being reported all over the world. If this is due to problematic shock absorbers or unbalanced drive shafts, then I think this will be Tesla engineerings prime focus right now and a reason to postpone the release of a new version.

Maybe Tesla is also still troubleshooting the expanding Highland suspension (vibration) issues that are being reported all over the world. If this is due to problematic shock absorbers or unbalanced drive shafts, then I think this will be Tesla engineerings prime focus right now and a reason to postpone the release of a new version.
But if this is being marketed as a mini Plaid, shouldn’t it also have the same vibration issues as its big brother? 😛

One super annoying thing that would have to go is the stupid silver strip on the dash.
It reflects in your field of view when the sun is behind and is a complete fail.

Model 3 Highland - Dashboard Reflection  b .jpg

I totaly agree, I installed a dashboard mat cover (Amazon Search) in my current Model 3 and I'm sure there will be some available for the new Model 3.

Model 3 - Dashboard Cover .jpg

It seems that the updated Made in China Model Y gets also an LED strip but located in a lower location, I think I would had prefered to get this instead.

Tesla-Model-Y-Interior-Ambient-Tesla-China .jpg

So...

Yeah it's weird, X feels more "extablished" but here you get better engagement.

Interesting white label warning in the middle of the rear window:

"Engineering Vehicle" (or something like that) ?
Warning Label .jpg

See: firehouse.com/rescue​
SUBJECT:​
Electrical System Shutdown
TOPIC:​
Extrication Tactics for "Energized" Vehicles
OBJECTIVE:​
Given a scenario involving a person trapped in a vehicle
that has its battery located inside the passenger compartment,
the rescue team will develop a plan for completing extrication work
while also managing the vehicle's electrical system safety challenges.

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
If my Aunty had balls she would be my Uncle lol. Sorry couldn't resist.

These are the cars that we have now. I don't think pointing out a niche car with a slower top end should be used to justify another car's slower top end, that's a fallacy.

Mustang GT's are really common and there's a 20-22 mph trap speed difference. Slap on just an E85 tune on a 10 speed Mustang GT and suddenly it's trapping 123-129 and running high 10's. But the Model3 Performance can't even compete with a bone stock Mustang GT on the highway. And a bunch of other vehicles. Camaro, etc...

I also don't need this data. I just mash the medal at 60mph and it really feels like I'm not going anywhere.

If my Aunty had balls she would be my Uncle lol. Sorry couldn't resist.

These are the cars that we have now. I don't think pointing out a niche car with a slower top end should be used to justify another car's slower top end, that's a fallacy.

Mustang GT's are really common and there's a 20-22 mph trap speed difference. Slap on just an E85 tune on a 10 speed Mustang GT and suddenly it's trapping 123-129 and running high 10's. But the Model3 Performance can't even compete with a bone stock Mustang GT on the highway. And a bunch of other vehicles. Camaro, etc...

I also don't need this data. I just mash the medal at 60mph and it really feels like I'm not going anywhere.
If you heat the battery then it wouldn’t feel like that. I am working on some data right now to demonstrate this. The difference is that significant.